Google begins testing changes that will eventually break ad blockers...

"Google's explanation for the changes is that it aims to provide increased security – but critics see it as a means to cripple extensions that allow users to block unwanted ads and trackers – whose presence and functionality, in turn, is the bread and butter of the giant's entire business model."

https://reclaimthenet.org/google-begins-testing-changes-that-will-eventually-break-ad-blockers-on-chrome/

• Sad 2

Google/Alphabet/Android is not and has never been your friend...even with the cutesy Google name. They are now harvesting health records with the second largest health system in the country (Ascension) WITHOUT doctor or patient knowledge, per recent news story.

Also, search “Google DeepMind” for more tantalizing info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JMag said:

Today it was announced that banking is now on Google’s radar...of course. Anyone up for a Google checking account?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No thanks, I'll stick with my little credit union. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've used an Ad Blocker on Windows for many years and the last couple years on the MAC.

A little while ago the MAC "deleted" my Ad Blocker.  (the MAC ofter screws me around)

DAMNED, the pop up ADs were IRRITATING!

Finally,I got a friend of a friend " computer expert" to get the Apple Ad Blocker to work.  He finally had to "fool Apple" into thinking I was some one else by giving me a new E Mail address.

I absolutely HATE pop up ads.  If I had to put up with them it would severely cut down my computer use.

I've used Google for many years but if they did manage to stop pop up ad blockers I'd leave Google immediately.

• Like 3

Ads have about destroyed everything from television, Radio, and the internet. 

I hardly watch any tv anymore and if I do, I've got the "mute" button at the ready.  It's truly sickening. And, What happened to the FCC rule of NOT raising the damn volume when the commercial comes on????

I use to go to the daily mail  once in awhile just for grins when my Opera ad blocker worked over there.  I never go anymore.  That site is the most DISGUSTING site on the entire internet with their Pop up ads. Lets not EVEN talk about the Mailbox full of SIHT ADS every Damn Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angrysoapbox:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, Swampfox762 said:

Ads have about destroyed everything from television, Radio, and the internet. 

I hardly watch any tv anymore and if I do, I've got the "mute" button at the ready.  It's truly sickening. And, What happened to the FCC rule of NOT raising the damn volume when the commercial comes on????

I use to go to the daily mail  once in awhile just for grins when my Opera ad blocker worked over there.  I never go anymore.  That site is the most DISGUSTING site on the entire internet with their Pop up ads. Lets not EVEN talk about the Mailbox full of SIHT ADS every Damn Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angrysoapbox:

I suspect most broadcasters are within the letter of the law about ad volume. What they are doing is raising the low and average volume to just fractionally below the legal maximum. They are not increasing the peak volume... oh no, that would be against the law

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I suspect most broadcasters are within the letter of the law about ad volume. What they are doing is raising the low and average volume to just fractionally below the legal maximum. They are not increasing the peak volume... oh no, that would be against the law

In radio communications you would use an audio compressor the reduce the peak sound and greatly increase the sound power output.

• Like 1