Lever guns

Wayward Son

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 10:36 PM, willie-pete said:

Best I can come up with.

taclever.jpg.6eacf3836c732663974ec2b9b8030eb9.jpg

That bottom one is just not right.  A lever action is wood and steel like the top.

Whoever did the bottom one should be tarred, feathered, run out of town on a rail, set on fire. and hung.  Not necessarily in that order though.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

Really toying with the idea of getting a .22 magnum for predator hunting in an area that limits it to shotguns and rim fires.

I have an old Winchester 9422 in .22 Magnum.  Have not got that out in years.  Hummm... Thanks, I'm gonna go look.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Historian said:

Really toying with the idea of getting a .22 magnum for predator hunting in an area that limits it to shotguns and rim fires.

Kinda like this? My old Winchester 9422M.  Another old junk rifle I have.... Perhaps I should put some tacticool crap on it.

Dave

Win9422MA.jpg

Win9422MC.jpg

Win9422MB.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Historian said:

Yeah...I am regretting not buying one four years ago.  That is exactly what I want.

I bought the above one in the 70's.  At first I did not like it and was going to sell it as the ammo was expensive, more than .22.  I was in college at the time.  Then I decided to keep it as I liked the wood on it. 

Dave

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DrB said:

I bought the above one in the 70's.  At first I did not like it and was going to sell it as the ammo was expensive, more than .22.  I was in college at the time.  Then I decided to keep it as I liked the wood on it. 

Dave

You have really good taste in firearms.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

You have really good taste in firearms.

Thanks,  I brought a couple of my 03A4's home to clean and shoot Sunday before I take them back to store.  I'll get a few of my crap cell phone pictures up in a few days.

Dave

1 hour ago, DrB said:

Thanks,  I brought a couple of my 03A4's home to clean and shoot Sunday before I take them back to store.  I'll get a few of my crap cell phone pictures up in a few days.

Dave

I keep telling myself i have plenty and then i read your posts and....need a bigger safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

I keep telling myself i have plenty and then i read your posts and....need a bigger safe.

I haven't started on the Enfield's or K98's yet so go plan the safe size.  Glad to help you along.......

Dave..

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, willie-pete said:

Whatever you get you need to tactical it up a bit.

tacleveraction2.jpg.8306f5e3aa19d739f9dd5130a4ddfb2b.jpg

:whistling:

I'm trying to envision putting that stock on my shoulder and somehow coming up with a cheek weld that gets my eye in line with that scope.  Not happening.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I'm trying to envision putting that stock on my shoulder and somehow coming up with a cheek weld that gets my eye in line with that scope.  Not happening.

That's not for hitting anything;  it's just for the " tacticool " look.

;)

• Like 3

Never mentioned... Rossi. 

They are kinda the Rodney Dangerfield of lever actions, but they also put other brand names on them as contract manufacturer. EMF I believe was one. 

They offer a Marlin style in 30-30 and 410 and maybe 45-70. 

They have offered Winchester Model 92 style in 37/357 and 44 magnum/special and 45 Colt. Also 454 Castile(?). 

My 37/357 is a pleasure to shoot FWIW. 

• Like 2

Oh... 

Tubular magazines...

The Henry style where the inner tube slides out for port loading is identical in design to all 22 rim fire rifles with tubular magazines. Have seen speed loaders for the 22s consisting of a plastic tube cut to length for the number of cartridges in a full load. Totally remove the inner tube, place the speed loader tube, tilt, zip, replace inner tube. Don’t know why this has not been offered for Henrys - especially revolver cartridge ones.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Never mentioned... Rossi. 

They are kinda the Rodney Dangerfield of lever actions, but they also put other brand names on them as contract manufacturer. EMF I believe was one. 

They offer a Marlin style in 30-30 and 410 and maybe 45-70. 

They have offered Winchester Model 92 style in 37/357 and 44 magnum/special and 45 Colt. Also 454 Castile(?). 

My 37/357 is a pleasure to shoot FWIW. 

Yep, I shot a Rossi Puma when I was shooting Cowboy Action. I don't remember a time it hiccuped in three years.

• Like 2

You guys just cost me a new 

22 magnum lever.

I'd show it to you guys but I'm skipping the department holiday lunch and injesting a Rocky Patel edge and a glass of Larceny.

Historian: reserved table party of one my back yard.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Historian said:

22 magnum lever.

I'd show it to you guys but I'm skipping the department holiday lunch and injesting a Rocky Patel edge and a glass of Larceny.

You're welcome!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 12:31 PM, Historian said:

22 magnum lever.

So what did you get? Curious minds want to know.. 

Dave..

38 minutes ago, DrB said:

So what did you get? Curious minds want to know.. 

Dave..

Henry Lever .22 magnum with octagon barrel.  All blued.  It's a work of art.  The only thing i want to change is a brass front site and a larger loop lever. 

I have a small game field about 20 minutes from my home....and this thing is so wonderful...such a lovely rifle...i can hear the theme from The Rifleman play each time i pick the rifle up.   It shoots bloody straight as well. 

This is going to get me some yote pelts.

image.jpeg.6ba0a3629de63533e8170390e99444a5.jpeg

In my mind...i just posted a picture of myself.   Call me delusional.  Just not late to dinner.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2