How do you make your BBQ burgers?

Wrango

So I'm gonna do BBQ burgers tonight.  I have Fridays off so I'm in charge of the dinner menu on Friday nights.  The Wife ordered BBQ burgers.

Looking to do something slightly different than my normal slap some patties on the grill, sprinkle with Johnny's and garlic and serve.  I buy quality burger and am one to normally not over-season or add too much other stuff to my burgers but tonight, I'm gonna change things up a bit.

Your suggestions?

• Like 1

• Administrators

My mother used to make some nasty BBQ sandwiches. She would buy those cheap little tin cans of corned beef. The kind you had to open with the little key attached to the can. She would heat it up in a skillet, add some BBQ sauce from whatever brand was on sale and stir it in. That and white bread (Very occasionally hamburger buns) was a BBQ sandwich. It was a revelation the first time I had an actual BBQ sandwich, as an adult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BamaBud said:

What the hell is a BBQ burger?

You grill burgers, you BBQ pork for hours. Completely different cooking techniques.

Oh, you're in Washington. No wonder you are confused.

They are cooked in a BBQ.  They are BBQ burgers.  Don't like it?  Get out of the thread.

My favorite is venison burger seasoned to taste, add a slice or three of American cheese, an over hard egg, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato and ketchup on a potato bun. If venison isn't available substitute what you have available.

• Like 3

Came in to discover what a BBQ burger is. Too late now, but meat, salt, pepper and maybe some finely diced onion, and/or a teaspoon or two Cayenne pepper (not too much or it will dominate the flavor). Some will put a package of French Onion dip mix, the powdered stuff, in there and it is OK, well pretty good.

BBQ comes from a smoker. It isn't complicated either. No since in making a burger difficult.

Hope they came out for you.

i like to use fatty beef for burgers and Salisbury steak,finely diced jalapeños,minced onion and garlic in butter Worcestershire brush it on let it sit.

Charcoal grille screaming hot,Mesquite wood chips and Kings ford coal.2 pieces of thick cut Cheddar Cheese per burger,cooked Medium at Max.

i like making it that way with Elk and Moose and have with Bear (bear was a bit too greasy)

i prefer it without a bun or just a bun on the bottom. if you need a dab of B-B-Q or whatever condiment and topping is all on you..

Edited by holyjohnson
my spelling is terrible,and mouth is watering now....
  • Like 3

So I'm gonna do BBQ burgers tonight.  I have Fridays off so I'm in charge of the dinner menu on Friday nights.  The Wife ordered BBQ burgers.
Looking to do something slightly different than my normal slap some patties on the grill, sprinkle with Johnny's and garlic and serve.  I buy quality burger and am one to normally not over-season or add too much other stuff to my burgers but tonight, I'm gonna change things up a bit.
Your suggestions?
https://www.traegergrills.com/smokenomics/how-to-grill-best-burgers

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 3

Just DO NOT offer me any of those pre-made patties from the grocery store. YUCK!!

I make mine different all the time. Usually to include however finely chopped (or even grated) onion; sometimes it's onion soup mix, A small can of diced green chili, cumin, salt & pepper, an egg and maybe a small splash of BBQ sauce. 

I make 'em fat (don't forget the thumb print in the middle) and cook to medium.

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, tadbart said:

mix finely chopped onion and bell pepper with your raw meat. do more of a smoke than a direct heat. for the love of all that is holy, please do not overcook.

Sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but:

mix finely chopped onion and bell pepper and raw meat by hand.

Didn't want to do it but tadbart's avatar has "Erect member" printed on it and well, that first sentence was just...............

• Like 1

Yeah, BBQ burger sounded odd to my ears too, although I assumed right on what it meant.

But, who am I to judge since my parents raised me to call sloppy joes "BBQ".  Once I left home, I realized that those two things were VERY different.  You can keep your sloppy joes. I'll take barbecue in the Carolina varieties.

• Like 2

I’m not going to get all wrapped up in semantics.  We all know what he means, for God’s sake.

Now, for the burger, if you do mix it up with anything like onion, cracker meal, or such, add a tablespoon of milk.  It’ll make the burger more juicy.

Also, use the 2 beer burger method.  Put the coals on one side and the burger on the other side, and go have a beer or two.  They’ll cook up perfectly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

Just DO NOT offer me any of those pre-made patties from the grocery store. YUCK!!

I make mine different all the time. Usually to include however finely chopped (or even grated) onion; sometimes it's onion soup mix, A small can of diced green chili, cumin, salt & pepper, an egg and maybe a small splash of BBQ sauce. 

I make 'em fat (don't forget the thumb print in the middle) and cook to medium.

What's the thumb print for?

10 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but:

mix finely chopped onion and bell pepper and raw meat by hand.

Didn't want to do it but tadbart's avatar has "Erect member" printed on it and well, that first sentence was just...............

I tried it once with jalapeños.

burnt when I peed for a week.