Fact check: Trump didn’t fire Muslim federal judge

pipedreams

"Dearborn – A story circulating on social media falsely claims President Donald Trump has removed a Muslim federal judge for trying to implement Sharia law in the United States.

There is no federal judge by that name, there is no such court and presidents cannot remove judges from office with executive orders. The Constitution requires impeachment to remove a federal judge from the bench."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2018/06/01/fact-check-donald-trump-muslim-judge/35574917/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is true that the trash in Dearborn are trying to get sharia law active in this area at least, so far they have not been lucky enough. The muslims are winning elections here at alarming rates, it is going to be interesting to see how long this goes on for. At some point we are going to have to stand up say "I have had enough of this nonsense", most people do not have the spine to do so though which is why we are in the situation we are in.

This is the first I have heard of trump removing a judge though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike said:

It is true that the trash in Dearborn are trying to get sharia law active in this area at least, so far they have not been lucky enough. The muslims are winning elections here at alarming rates, it is going to be interesting to see how long this goes on for. At some point we are going to have to stand up say "I have had enough of this nonsense", most people do not have the spine to do so though which is why we are in the situation we are in.

This is the first I have heard of trump removing a judge though. 

That's the whole thing he didn't, just all lib makeup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pipedreams said:

That's the whole thing he didn't, just all lib makeup.

I guess I should have worded it better, I'm 10 minutes from Dearborn and I am not hearing/seeing anything here local about the story in the OP. The first I heard of it was reading the story in the OP. The locals aren't mad about the made up story.

• Like 2

This is funny and sad at the same time.  

I've lived and worked in Dearborn for 25+ years and can assure you no one here wants Sharia law other than a few whack jobs, and whack jobs are found everywhere. 

Overwhelmingly, the dozens of Muslims I know and interact with daily, are here to escape that exact thing, especially the women.

I'm not a cheerleader for anyone, and my eyes are wide open, but this is just silly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peng said:

This is funny and sad at the same time.  

I've lived and worked in Dearborn for 25+ years and can assure you no one here wants Sharia law other than a few whack jobs, and whack jobs are found everywhere. 

Overwhelmingly, the dozens of Muslims I know and interact with daily, are here to escape that exact thing, especially the women.

I'm not a cheerleader for anyone, and my eyes are wide open, but this is just silly. 

Why did a state legislator introduce a bill last session to prevent Sharia law from happening if nobody wants it?    https://www.mlive.com/news/2017/04/read_the_new_bill_to_ban_shari.html  (story)                  http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2017-2018/billintroduced/House/htm/2017-HIB-4499.htm   (legislation)

Why did Dearborn schools adapt ALL halal meats for the school lunches at tax payer expense? One of my employees lives there and is pissed off with that decision. I live downwind a few miles so I am not directly affected but to say it isn't happening is just not true. 

• Like 1

This just politicians posturing for show.  Sharia law is already prevented from being practiced in our courts because this is the United States, period.  We do not recognize it as valid, it really is so simple.  It makes as much sense as introducing a law to ban murder which is already illegal.  It would not be the first time politicians have done something stupid for appearances or to pander to voters.

As far as the Halal thing, I would guess it is simply a business decision to have a single source for products rather than 2.  Most everything in Dearborn is halal, even pizza and Thai food.  If that's what your customers want, that's what you supply right?

I have seen no difference in price with halal, but I don't know the specifics.  Any sourcing decision for school food comes at taxpayer expense, this is no different.  I just hope we had intelligent people with actual knowledge at the table, that may be wishful thinking though. 

I really do understand what you're saying, I just hear so much hyperbole it makes me crazy.  I'm not a cheerleader for any group, but  I do live and work here and have an experience that is different than most here who only hear things.  

• Like 1

https://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

Sharia Law

Shariah lawIslam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see the links for details):

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
 Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' ******** should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
 Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

I made the two line red to show what I am addressing in this post. Why would a school district (local government) abide by this bullshit if the community did not support it?

You say muslim women are against Sharia law. However...……………………….. (see red above about their hajib)

https://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/hijab-niqab-burka.html

HijabWhat is a Hijab?

Hijab, when used in the general sense, refers to any headscarf worn by Muslim women and girls that covers the hair, ears, neck, and leaves the face exposed.

There are several types of hijab (above). Al-Amira is a two-piece hijab comprised of a tight-fitting cap that inserts through a tube-like piece. Shayla is a loose-fitting, one-piece hijab that wraps around the head before being pinned or tucked in at the shoulders. Khimar is a longer, one-piece hijab that drapes almost to the waist, while Hijab, in the narrow sense, is a shorter scarf that wraps around just the head and the neck.

Should any of these hijabs be banned?

All hijabs should be banned in order to protect non-Muslim women.

How would banning the hijab protect non-Muslim women?

In Arabic, hijab literally means "partition" or "curtain," as well as "obstructing" or "isolating." The hijab is the means by which Muslim girls and women are partitioned or isolated.

HijabFrom what?

From sexual assaults. The basis for the hijab in Sharia law is Quran 33:58-59, which states, "Those who harass believing men and believing women undeservedly, bear [on themselves] a calumny and a grievous sin. O Prophet! Enjoin your wives, your daughters, and the wives of true believers that they should cast their outer garments over their persons [when abroad]: That is more appropriate so that they may be known [as Muslim women] and thus not be harassed [or moIested].”

Muslims boys and men are taught to not touch "true" Muslim women and girls, identified as having "cast their outer garments over their persons... so that they may ... not be harassed [or moIested]." The flipside of this is that women and girls who don't wear the hijab are not "true" Muslims but loose females who if "harassed, [or moIested]" or raрed, "deserved" it

I wonder why so many of them wear the hajib then?

Oh and how about the lawsuit to force the Dearborn Heights police to change their policy about letting them wear the hajib during the booking process and while in custody? If the do not support the idea of Sharia Law, why are they doing this?

https://www.arabamericannews.com/2017/08/04/local-islamophobe-sues-dearborn-heights-to-stop-sharia/     I can't copy and paste this one for some reason?

• Sad 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, Mike said:

I guess I should have worded it better, I'm 10 minutes from Dearborn and I am not hearing/seeing anything here local about the story in the OP. The first I heard of it was reading the story in the OP. The locals aren't mad about the made up story.

The locals may not be aware of fake news but others around the country may.  Fake news is everywhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike said:

I made the two line red to show what I am addressing in this post. Why would a school district (local government) abide by this bullshit if the community did not support it?

I'm not disagreeing with you, there are thing I don't like living here either believe me.   

You're not saying a school district here condones men raping women without Hijabs are you?  That's one of the red lines you made.

The Halal thing is just a sourcing issue really.   If 30-40% of your students want it, you probably consider it right?  If it makes no difference it might be a good choice.

I had to eat fish on Fridays at Catholic school for years, there was no other choice.  It's not that different.

It's very similar to how strictly people follow religion in general.  There are Christmas and Easter Catholics, and there are Muslims that are the exact same.  Some things they follow, some they don't.  I laugh during Ramadan when I see the young Muslim girls take off theirs hijabs so they can go into taco bell and scarf down some Chalupas.  

Some of this stuff is first amendment stuff?  Freedom of religion and all.  How that relates to local laws is always complex right?  Think of the multiple bakery cases we have seen lately realting to gay marriage cakes.

I guess it's just different for me because I live here and see things 20 times a day that some will never see.  Maybe I'm developing a comfort with it that is not good, not sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peng said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, there are thing I don't like living here either believe me.   

You're not saying a school district here condones men raping women without Hijabs are you?  That's one of the red lines you made.

The Halal thing is just a sourcing issue really.   If 30-40% of your students want it, you probably consider it right?  If it makes no difference it might be a good choice.

I had to eat fish on Fridays at Catholic school for years, there was no other choice.  It's not that different.

It's very similar to how strictly people follow religion in general.  There are Christmas and Easter Catholics, and there are Muslims that are the exact same.  Some things they follow, some they don't.  I laugh during Ramadan when I see the young Muslim girls take off theirs hijabs so they can go into taco bell and scarf down some Chalupas.  

Some of this stuff is first amendment stuff?  Freedom of religion and all.  How that relates to local laws is always complex right?  Think of the multiple bakery cases we have seen lately realting to gay marriage cakes.

I guess it's just different for me because I live here and see things 20 times a day that some will never see.  Maybe I'm developing a comfort with it that is not good, not sure.

The 2 things I highlighted are 2 different things. I didn't say a anything about the school having anything to do with hajibs? I said the police did and also that if the women don't like sharia law, why are they wearing the hajibs? I feel that is an honest question.

If the fish you ate at school on Friday was sacrificed to "insert whoever here" then yes it would be the same. If it was fish because it was fish, then no they are apples and oranges different.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Halal+Meat

halal

(redirected from Halal Meat)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.

ha·lal

(hə-läl′) Islam
adj.
1. Of or being meat from animals slaughtered in the manner prescribed by the shari'a: a halal butcher; a halal label.
2. In accordance with or permitted under the shari'a.
n.
Halal meat.

[Arabic ḥalāl, legally permissible, from ḥalla, to undo, free, be permissible; see ḥll in Semitic roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

halal

(hɑːˈlɑːl) or

hallal

n
(Islam) meat from animals that have been killed according to Muslim law
adj
(Islam) of or relating to such meat: a halal butcher.
vb (tr) , -als, -alling or -alled
(Islam) to kill (animals) in this way
[from Arabic: lawful]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

Freedom of that religion and sharia law sure as hell look the same to me. When you say none of the muslims you know want sharia law, are you aware they are encouraged to lie to you?

Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.   (from the above rules list)

Christmas and Easter are being forced out of schools and government in general because liberals are offended, how can one religion be good (halal meat in schools) and another bad with the whole separation of church and state thing? They demand halal because of sharia law (or say their religion), so if the school district caved in to that "want of the customer" isn't that a bad thing to not allow your kid to pray in class, allow your kid to put up a Christmas trees in class?

I have lived in Allen Park for most of my life, you aren't seeing things that we are missing. As you said you are comfortable in your surroundings.

Believe me I am not arguing to run you down, I am pointing out things you do not seem to be seeing is all. 

ETA: I am going to bow out of the discussion at this point

Edited by Mike