Mexico may have done just messed up........

SC Tiger

American citizens (living in Mexico) were killed in an attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-citizens-killed-kidnapped-in-cartel-shootout-outside-northern-mexican-mormon-community-family

Now, it looks like MAGA just got mad about it:

These types of things usually end more with a whimper than a bang, but hopefully this will be a wakeup call.  

This could be entertaining to watch.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

American citizens (living in Mexico) were killed in an attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-citizens-killed-kidnapped-in-cartel-shootout-outside-northern-mexican-mormon-community-family

Now, it looks like MAGA just got mad about it:

These types of things usually end more with a whimper than a bang, but hopefully this will be a wakeup call.  

This could be entertaining to watch.........

History!

i heard this was`nt an accident or a one off this group was targeted by the cartels,the Sect in the area has made several reports about Cartel activity and the Mexican .Gov won`t do anything,just a couple weeks ago the Mexican Federal drug force was routed not far from there and won`t go in after the Cartels.

the Mormon Sect has armed itself and now we can see why.

BTW Mitt Romney`s Father was born in the same Mormon Compound the Cartels are trying to take over,and that the Murdered Americans had just left in a convoy for Protection.

God Bless the Victims,sad that it might take this or worse for anyone to stand up to bad people.

Edited by holyjohnson

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

The Mexican Mormon enclaves took up arms and took no crap from the Cartels.

It'll be interesting to see how this brouhaha will play out with American children dead at Cartel's hands. 

liberals won't care.  Their too obsessed with illegals to worry about American children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In 2009, this family had two kidnapped and murdered by the cartel. The cartel had previously kidnapped a teen and demanded 1M in ransom. When they did not comply, he was eventually returned but retaliated with the 2009 event. 

I believe this to be an even bigger signal to get out. I'd have been 'out' after the first ransom attempt.

BTW There was no crossfire as Trump spoke of.

• Like 1

What's happening in Mexico is not that much different than the middle east and other places but we seem to address it differently.  People are tortured and killed all the time and we just keep on looking the other way.  What's the difference between the poppy fields of Afghanistan than the drugs from Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The natural reaction of the bureaucracy is inertia.

Do nothing, perhaps commission a study, wait until the news cycle moves on.

If they don't do anything, they can't be blamed.

It might could be time for a vigilance group from Texas to  mosey on down there again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why anyone in their right mind would want to spend ANY amount of time and money in that country is beyond me.  The people and the country are beautiful, but the crime and corruption are overwhelming.  

We used to love Puerto Vallarta, but won't be returning anytime soon.  

12 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Time to send in SEALs and Delta Force.  Start killing the cartel leadership. We need to kill about 50-100 of them for each American citizen they kill.

I'd start with just shutting the border completely.  Nobody in, nobody out.  No more tourist visas.  No nothing.  Or some variation of that.

The issue with this is that these people lived in Mexico so I'm not sure they were American citizens exactly, or how that worked.  

Personally I say turn this guy loose:

sicario.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I'd start with just shutting the border completely.  Nobody in, nobody out.  No more tourist visas.  No nothing.  Or some variation of that.

The issue with this is that these people lived in Mexico so I'm not sure they were American citizens exactly, or how that worked.  

Personally I say turn this guy loose:

sicario.jpg

Reports say they had dual citizenship.

Here is how I see how these issues break down.  It was decided marriage is no longer between a man and a woman.  That was allegedly for homosexuals to have equality.  However, equality doesn't truly exist.  Bigamy is still illegal, which it should not be, now that the marriage between a man and a woman no longer exists as far as the government is concerned.  Also, as far as I know adulty is still considered a crime in the military, but that is only for heterosexuals.  So, equality was never the goal-ever.  That means if you want to be like the 19th Century LDS, you have to move to a country that could absolutely give a damn what you do, as long as you bribe the right people.  Well, sometimes, the quest to follow your beliefs comes at a cost.  I am always for the little guy, whomever that is.  So, we need to allow bigamy, and strike it off as a crime, to allow people to follow their religious beliefs without being jailed.  We often hear about the trials and tribulations of homosexuals.  However, no one wants to talk about how polygamist Mormons were jailed and harassed at the time it was also illegal to be a homosexual.  That is some quaint part of history we choose to ignore.  However, MLK, and homosexuals get the lime light.  Well, there are other segments of society, to not employ a pun, who are getting the shaft. 

So, we need to allow polygamy to exist in the United States, if equality is the ambition of the government abrogating the definition of marriage to not mean between a man and a woman.  It seems there is a 14th Amendment Violation, not to mention a First Amendment Violation that leads to these sad situations.

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

Here is how I see how these issues break down.  It was decided marriage is no longer between a man and a woman.  That was allegedly for homosexuals to have equality.  However, equality doesn't truly exist.  Bigamy is still illegal, which it should not be, now that the marriage between a man and a woman no longer exists as far as the government is concerned.  Also, as far as I know adulty is still considered a crime in the military, but that is only for heterosexuals.  So, equality was never the goal-ever.  That means if you want to be like the 19th Century LDS, you have to move to a country that could absolutely give a damn what you do, as long as you bribe the right people.  Well, sometimes, the quest to follow your beliefs comes at a cost.  I am always for the little guy, whomever that is.  So, we need to allow bigamy, and strike it off as a crime, to allow people to follow their religious beliefs without being jailed.  We often hear about the trials and tribulations of homosexuals.  However, no one wants to talk about how polygamist Mormons were jailed and harassed at the time it was also illegal to be a homosexual.  That is some quaint part of history we choose to ignore.  However, MLK, and homosexuals get the lime light.  Well, there are other segments of society, to not employ a pun, who are getting the shaft. 

So, we need to allow polygamy to exist in the United States, if equality is the ambition of the government abrogating the definition of marriage to not mean between a man and a woman.  It seems there is a 14th Amendment Violation, not to mention a First Amendment Violation that leads to these sad situations.

The government should have zero say in adult's relationships.  If people, for religious or secular beliefs, want to have some sort of unions between themselves regardless of gender or sex, or numbers of partners, have at it.

Two guys and a chick?  Three chicks and a dude?  Five chicks?  Ten guys?  Whatever, it's none of my business, as long as they're consenting adults and not forced into some sort of sexual slavery.

As far as adulterous homosexuals in the military getting a pass, I'd like to see an example of that.  The military has its own way of doing things that has little to do with the change of times or cultural/social beliefs.  Sodomy is still against the UCMJ.  If you're a member of the US Armed Forces and decide to engage in oral/anal sex regardless of your and your partner(s) sex/gender, you are still subjected to UCMJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

The government should have zero say in adult's relationships.  If people, for religious or secular beliefs, want to have some sort of unions between themselves regardless of gender or sex, or numbers of partners, have at it.

Two guys and a chick?  Three chicks and a dude?  Five chicks?  Ten guys?  Whatever, it's none of my business, as long as they're consenting adults and not forced into some sort of sexual slavery.

As far as adulterous homosexuals in the military getting a pass, I'd like to see an example of that.  The military has its own way of doing things that has little to do with the change of times or cultural/social beliefs.  Sodomy is still against the UCMJ.  If you're a member of the US Armed Forces and decide to engage in oral/anal sex regardless of your and your partner(s) sex/gender, you are still subjected to UCMJ.

That is kind of my point.  The Government is still making it their business, that is why bigamists still go to jail and have to leave the country to practice it.  Last I checked, homosexual behavior was tolerated by the military; however, if you cheat on your wife, expect to be standing tall for a potential court martial.  My point is simple.  You can't have your cake and eat it too, pun very much intended there.  Once the Government stated it was out of marriage game, it should be completely out.  However, it hasn't.  So, polygamists either have to hide out in the United States, like homosexuals in the 50's or, flee the county.  Many have gone to Mexico, and here we are now.  So, the Government should stay out of everyone's unions, or go back to the original definition.  I am good either way.  This middle road flux, doesn't work logically or fairly.  Frankly, I don't need another wife to run my life.  That is a cultural thing. However, those that run a different system, where there is one guy and constellation of women, more power to them.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, Silentpoet said:

Reports say they had dual citizenship.

That would explain it, though I didn't think the US recognized dual citizenship.  Of course I don't know how they would classify these people.

21 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Christian that I am, I tend to agree.  While I think there are moral lines (that are kind of blurry IMO), I don't know that they should be enforced by the government.  Obviously if it hurts children then you shove the offender through a wood chipper feet first after feeding him his genitalia.  But beyond that......

Interesting on the UCMJ.  I guess they allow homosexual feelings but not the acts.....

That said, supposedly sodomy is often used as a hazing method and they may be going after that.  I dunno.

Only problem with polygamy is if we let dudes get ten chicks, the rest of us run out of chicks eventually.  :anim_rofl2:

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1