Anyone seen a Hellcat yet?

DrB

They emulated the Glock trigger and is the smallest package of 9mm with the highest capacity.  So, if you feel you need 14 shots of 9mm, it would probably be a good choice.  However, the hood will wear like they do on all Springfield striker fired pistols.  So, if you want more 9mm, don't mind your barrel finish rubbing off at the barrel hood level, most of them go bang every time.  I know the subcompact .45's do.  

So, if you don't mind a Glock immolated trigger (I don't know if you can fiddle with them like Glock triggers), and 14 shots of 9mm you can put into a belly band, you will probably like it.  As a disclaimer, I am not a fan of Sig's M-17, or similar line ups after.  Now, prior to that fakakta, I like the old solid feeling sigs.

36 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

"They emulated the Glock trigger."  They chose.............poorly.

I wasn't extoling it, just explaining it.  Some barrel hoods do that.  My FNX-Tactical, does that somewhat too.  Glocks do not.

1 hour ago, Valmet said:

Saw one and handled it at the range this AM- I don’t have to have one. I have larger hands and it isn’t for me (neither is the 365). 

It just means you become a human vice grip, and get no barrel rise, which is a benefit, I would think.

I love the handling of the Sig and it's slightly smaller size, but, unfortunately, I'm interested in the Hellcat.

My P365 seems to be getting worse the more I shoot it.

I had a failure to return to battery in the first 50 or so rounds and it choked on 124 HST +Ps the first time I tried them.

I chocked it up to break-in pains and fired several boxes of UMC JHP through it, which worked fine.  So, after 3-400 successful rounds fired, I started carrying it with the Paul Harrell defensive loads.

A month ago, I had a failure to extract.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I had two more.

Then, a couple days ago, the slide cover plate dropped down during firing causing the slide to jam open.  It easily slid back into place, but then happened a second time in the next magazine or so.

IMG_20191022_152814712.thumb.jpg.1338f5166c41cd0d40144dc19fc8a300.jpg

Needless to say, even before the cover plate failures, I sidelined the Sig and put my G43 back into carry mode.

Suddenly, the Hellcat looks more appealing despite its slightly thicker girth.

• Sad 1

I like the Glock trigger better than the Sig trigger because that's what I'm used to. I shot a Sig 365 and liked the gun but thought the trigger was too light for  a pocket carry gun.

I very much doubt that these guns are going to have the problems the 365 had which took almost a year to work out. Depending on how the gun feels and shoots, I'd probably be more interested in one of these rather than a Sig and I think both guns are a little large for pocket carry so the slight size difference wouldn't bother me and the extra capacity with a flush magazine is a plus.

Edited by Borg warner

8 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

I love the handling of the Sig and it's slightly smaller size, but, unfortunately, I'm interested in the Hellcat.

My P365 seems to be getting worse the more I shoot it.

I had a failure to return to battery in the first 50 or so rounds and it choked on 124 HST +Ps the first time I tried them.

I chocked it up to break-in pains and fired several boxes of UMC JHP through it, which worked fine.  So, after 3-400 successful rounds fired, I started carrying it with the Paul Harrell defensive loads.

A month ago, I had a failure to extract.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I had two more.

Then, a couple days ago, the slide cover plate dropped down during firing causing the slide to jam open.  It easily slid back into place, but then happened a second time in the next magazine or so.

IMG_20191022_152814712.thumb.jpg.1338f5166c41cd0d40144dc19fc8a300.jpg

Needless to say, even before the cover plate failures, I sidelined the Sig and put my G43 back into carry mode.

Suddenly, the Hellcat looks more appealing despite its slightly thicker girth.

The Sig should go back to the factory, it sounds like it needs to be looked at.

• Like 3

My father got excited about the Hellcat until I explained to him that one is optics ready and does not have optics on the weapon.  Moreover, it does not have the 1911 safety he likes about his Springfield pistols he has.  Those two made it a non-starter for him.  I have to say I am surprised they left out the 1911 safety.  But, then again, the pistol system was basically a middle finger to the mini Glock 9mm.  I get competition, but one reason people who own striker fired pistols from Springfield is that they like the 1911 safety and chambered bullet indicator without having to do a press check.  So, their rush to stick it to Glock, I think will cost them half their potential customers in the long run on this pistol.  But, knowing Springfield, they will eventually realize that and come out with their Hellcat 2.0. 

13 hours ago, Mike said:

The Sig should go back to the factory, it sounds like it needs to be looked at.

Yes, I emailed them Thursday about the problems.  Wrote up everything with very specific detail.  How many rounds fired each outing & total, which type of ammo used each time, even which round # from a given magazineful failed.  Wanted to attach pictures, but there wasn't a way to do so.

Late in the day Friday, they replied and said:

Please call us M-F to explain your problem to a tech.  If you need to reply by email, please answer the following questions: How many rounds have you fired? What type of ammo were you using? What kind of failures are you having? Etc.  

Basically, they asked me to say or write everything I had already written and sent to them in my email.

Oh, and P.S., "Mondays have high traffic volume, so you will probably want to call in another day."

Well thanks, Sig.  Maybe you could have just called me instead of taking the time to contact me to say I should contact you later. ?

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, Moshe said:

They emulated the Glock trigger and is the smallest package of 9mm with the highest capacity.  So, if you feel you need 14 shots of 9mm, it would probably be a good choice.  However, the hood will wear like they do on all Springfield striker fired pistols.  So, if you want more 9mm, don't mind your barrel finish rubbing off at the barrel hood level, most of them go bang every time.  I know the subcompact .45's do.  

So, if you don't mind a Glock immolated trigger (I don't know if you can fiddle with them like Glock triggers), and 14 shots of 9mm you can put into a belly band, you will probably like it.  As a disclaimer, I am not a fan of Sig's M-17, or similar line ups after.  Now, prior to that fakakta, I like the old solid feeling sigs.

Thanks, I am looking for a small 9mm and when this was released I became interested.  I will watch and see how they function..

Dave..

10 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

Yes, I emailed them Thursday about the problems.  Wrote up everything with very specific detail.  How many rounds fired each outing & total, which type of ammo used each time, even which round # from a given magazineful failed.  Wanted to attach pictures, but there wasn't a way to do so.

Late in the day Friday, they replied and said:

Please call us M-F to explain your problem to a tech.  If you need to reply by email, please answer the following questions: How many rounds have you fired? What type of ammo were you using? What kind of failures are you having? Etc.  

Basically, they asked me to say or write everything I had already written and sent to them in my email.

Oh, and P.S., "Mondays have high traffic volume, so you will probably want to call in another day."

Well thanks, Sig.  Maybe you could have just called me instead of taking the time to contact me to say I should contact you later. ?

Wow!

I have never had a reason to contact Sig's CS, I guess if I do I will not expect much. Sorry to hear they are that way.

• Like 1