What’s your Glock ccw set up?

Valmet

While there are more varieties of good ccw guns out there today than ever before, I can’t not ccw a Glock. Most of the time I ccw a Gen4 19 with Federal 115-gr+P+ ammo in a Foxx IWB  

For you fellow Glock carriers, what is your set-up? 

Glock 48 with Glock night sights and in a Concealment Express Kydex IWB holster w/Kydex mag carrier.

The pistol has a 4.5# striker spring and reduced power plunger spring. Accurate little pistol.

Hornady 124gr XTP over 4.9gr of CFE Pistol, Starline brass and CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers.

• Like 1

Glock 20.4 with a - connector and NY1 spring.  Other than that tritium sights, forget the brand.

ammo is 200gr XTP from Underwood in the gun, 1 spare mag of that with a +2 extension, and one +2 mag of Xtreme penetrators from Underwood as well.

And yes, I do CCW it IWB.  Comp Tac Minotaur (which is now the MTAC I believe) and a Beltman double stitched belt with internal stiffener.  Having a stiff belt is important with the extra weight.

• Like 3

I have 3 carry Glocks, a 26.5, 42 and 48. All 3 have Talon grips, Ameriglo Agent sights and the Tau SCD. The 26 has Pachmayr pinky extensions on the mags. They are otherwise stock. They are all carried in Vedder LightTuck IWB holsters.

Edited by Pistolay

When I feel like carrying one of my Glocks (G26 & G27) - which isn't as often as my other retirement choices - it's usually in a Rosen Premier Express a close friend once gifted me. I still have some assorted plastic holsters, though.

The ammunition is typically one of the former issued and/or approved duty loads I've carried in each caliber (I've carried issued 9, .40 & .45 at one time or another), of which the more modern lines have been T-Series, Golden Sabre and HST. Other than being somewhat partial to the 127gr +P+ RA9TA (or older RA9SXTP, which uses an earlier revision of the SXT bullet), I don't have any particular "favorite" among the various ammo lines.

Flashlight, my old handcuffs, tree mags, and a G40 with flashlight and Trijicon suppressor sights, and Trijicon RMR today.  None the wiser.  All depends what you want to carry, you dress around the firearm.  I did it so long when I got out of uniform, it is just habit. 

45 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

G23 bone stock. Been that way for 22 years and 60K (ish) rounds. Nothing but scheduled maintenance. 165 Golden Saber or HST. Carried in one of these Fusion Pac Gym shorts or a suit, it just works and one of, if not the, most comfortable holsters I've used.

I ccw’d a Gen2 23 for a lot of years and in the .40 I’ve always been a fan of Golden Sabers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I no longer CC a Glock, but when I did, it was a Gen 4 G19 in either a DeSantis Speed Scabbard or a Stealth Gear Revolution, usually loaded with 124 grain Remington Golden Sabers.  If I were shopping for a new Glock for CC today, the G48 would get a very close look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spats McGee said:

I no longer CC a Glock, but when I did, it was a Gen 4 G19 in either a DeSantis Speed Scabbard or a Stealth Gear Revolution, usually loaded with 124 grain Remington Golden Sabers.  If I were shopping for a new Glock for CC today, the G48 would get a very close look.

What did you switch up to after the 19? 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, Valmet said:

Those Shields are good little guns (esp in 9mm) 

I've been very happy with mine.  I almost hate to say this, especially in a thread about "your Glock ccw setup," but .... as much as I love my G19, and I do, the Shield pretty much ended the G19's ccw career.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 4:56 AM, Spats McGee said:

I've been very happy with mine.  I almost hate to say this, especially in a thread about "your Glock ccw setup," but .... as much as I love my G19, and I do, the Shield pretty much ended the G19's ccw career.

Nothing wrong with a different choice of gun.  If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for us.  

Mine is nothing special, stock G41 with Federal HST 230 gn., Alien Gear IWB holster, Beltman Belt.

• Like 1