Dale Jr. tweets ‘All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests’

RussP

Dale Jr. tweets ‘All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests’

Dale Earnhardt Jr. took to Twitter Monday morning to apparently show support for national anthem protesters, saying Americans are given the right to peaceful protests.

He tweeted:

“All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable -JFK”

All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable-JFK

The tweet came after NASCAR legend Richard Petty said he’d fire any driver who protests the national anthem.

“Anybody that don’t stand up for the anthem ought to be out of the country. Period. What got ’em where they’re at? The United States,” said the Randolph County native, according to the Associated Press.

Edited by RussP

He is correct. I don't believe there is a law that says one must stand for the National Anthem. They are free to take a knee, stand on their head, or shove their head up a willing participant's rectum. 

I have never failed to stand for the Colors. I have never failed to remove my hat for the Colors. I have never failed to place my hand over my heart for the Colors.  Many better people have given their lives to ensure we have the rights we do. 

I agree people have the right to not do it if they wish. I agree people should be able to protest. 

I also tend to vote with my wallet, so anyone who offends my by not standing will be monetarily penalized. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RussP said:

All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable-JFK

Damn, he makes NASCAR look stupid.

First, Americans aren't "granted" anything. The First Amendment, like the other 9 amendments in the BoR, recognizes God-given, or "natural" rights, and prohibits the State from abolishing them. EVERYONE, and not just Americans, would have those rights even if the Constitution didn't exist. 

And second, if you're going to quote someone, even the son of a Nazi sympathizer, don't "tweet-abbreviate" him. That's just silly.

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Like 1

All athletes R granted right 2 be stupid and ignorant.  All athletes work for an employer, just like everyone else.  The employer can set standards for behavior.  I am not allowed to do whatever I want at work.  Guess what, Dale?  Neither are you.  Don't like it?  **** off and start your own company.  Don't beg to work for NASCAR and drive cars for NASCAR and get sponsors from NASCAR.  Nobody can force Americans to do anything, unless they break the law.  Generally, your stomach forces you to accept rules set by an employer, to buy food.  The streets are full of people who don't want to work for anybody.  Most live under bridges or in boxes.  They're perfectly free.  Except they beg for money from people who work for an employer.  There is no such thing as a free lunch, Dale.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, Sparks said:

I care about what dale junior thinks just about as much as he cares what I think.   I was at the 2001 Pepsi 400 where the race was fixed to let dale jr win.  Cheating in racing is part of racing.  Fixing races is not ok.

Say what you want, but I don't believe that race was "fixed".  Never have.  DEI cars always ran well at plate tracks.  

That's not to say they weren't cheating.  Everyone out there cheats.  But I don't think "the fix was in" through Nascar.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, Jason D said:

He is correct. I don't believe there is a law that says one must stand for the National Anthem. They are free to take a knee, stand on their head, or shove their head up a willing participant's rectum. 

I have never failed to stand for the Colors. I have never failed to remove my hat for the Colors. I have never failed to place my hand over my heart for the Colors.  Many better people have given their lives to ensure we have the rights we do. 

I agree people have the right to not do it if they wish. I agree people should be able to protest. 

I also tend to vote with my wallet, so anyone who offends my by not standing will be monetarily penalized. 

He is right.  And in the grand scheme I'd rather people protest like that than destroy the downtown area.  I don't agree with it but that doesn't mean they don't have the right.

Of course, Petty has the right to fire any employee that does it too.

3 hours ago, RustyL said:

Dale Jr. wouldn’t be **** if not for his dad and a team.

Now THIS is true.  Jr wasn't the worst driver out there but there are others of his generation - Harvick, Kenseth, Busch, other Busch, Johnson - that were better much drivers.

• Like 1

I agree his dads money made him to afford what he need and wanted to win. But I believe his team help him more than his driving ability. 

Ive watched one race in my life, I got caught up in the Chrysler hype pre race. I thought hell im going to watch this race, the race Daddy got killed. I watched all but maybe 20 laps. Ain’t watched another since. Oh what’s his name that won that race, he was right, Daddy E won that race for him. Tall guy 

Edited by RustyL

“All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable -JFK”

Both true statements.  Both good thoughts.  Both totally irrelevant.

No one is granted the right to protest at work.

An employer making a workplace off limits to protest is NOT relevant to revolution, peaceful or otherwise.  The idea that firing someone for protesting at work is somehow infringing on their rights or hindering constructive change to society is absolutely inane.

Then again, why should we be surprised?  Is there any reason to expect a race car driver to have piercing insight into complicated socio-political issues?  As far as I know that's not part of the entrance exam for that particular career choice...

Edited by JohnKSa
  • Like 2

wait i can protest at work   .  i can basically do what i want  ,  and one thing i won't put up with  on my farm   and business  is degrading the flag   and the american way. 

when strawberry and garden season starts in april   and this bs  is still going on  i will ask anyone to leave my farm who starts bitching  about the flag  and anthem . period 

my dad served  and most in my family did to  , i could not because of health reasons   but i won't allow it  on my land .   

also  our migrants  who have been here for 12 seasons  and go home after work is done  are pissed and upset  that american citizens  are doing this .  they come here to work 

for their families  and ive seen pics of their villages  and  some still have dirt floors and no running water  but you would never see them kneel  or talk crap about the USA .

they  are for all purposes a part of our family  and they would take the shirt off their back to help anyone ,  yeah they work for me  but im proud to call them brothers . 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, tsmo1066 said:

The right to free speech protects people from government recriminations for peace-ably expressing their opinions, it is not an insurance policy against getting fired for using company time and the company's dime as a platform for doing so. 

Bingo. And especially when your employment is subject to a code of conduct to which you've agreed (even if the owners and League are being ******* about enforcing it).