The Expanse on Prime

SC Tiger

Lately I've been watching the series "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime.  It was on SyFy for three seasons but Amazon bought it for season four.

It's about a group of "ice miners" that get caught up in tensions between Earth and the Mars colony in the future, and how citizens living in the asteroid belt figure into it.  Meanwhile a detective from the Asteroid Belt ("The Belt") is trying to find a missing daughter of a rich businessman.  All of these characters are human - man has colonized the moon, mars, the asteroid belt, and a few of Jupiter's moons.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's pretty good if you like Science Fiction/Space stuff.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of not rewatching season 1 when I restarted it.  So I have to try to remember a lot of what happened when I get to seasons 2-3.  

I did like the bit when Draper talked a couple of "bad guys" down, then Amos pops in carrying the third one and says "damn, did I miss it?"  Dude just wanted to kick some ass.

Forwarning though - Season 3 has a little more gore than the first two seasons.  Only a couple of scenes but it's not expected.

Edited by SC Tiger

It is pretty good.  I like how they don't really have "shields" - just one hit from an enemy missile can destroy a spaceship.  No "transporter" or "replicator" machines. 

As with all of these types of movies, the books are better.