New to Me Socom II Cluster Rail

Moshe

I have always wanted one, and I got the green light for one.  I am tired of IWI releasing their Tavor 7 at glacial speed.  Everything they have out is black.  FDE is better for that format, IMNSHO.  My question is what is the best diet to feed the SOCOM II .308?  I am enamored with this one because their are places for a light/laser combo, a Zeis CQB that also functions for distance, and a foregrip.  The thing that sold me is that the buttstock folds up, which should fit in a grey man backpack, and weighs nearly as much as the Tavor 7.  Bother are proven battle rifles.  However, the Springfield .308 was iconic like the Berretta 92F when I was a lad.  I just want to be able to feed it the right diet of .308 as this is my first ever .308, and I know certain platforms prefer one grain over another.

Edited by Moshe

At home today, not going anywhere until my wife's heart stress test scheduled until early next month.  I am pretty tired from sleeping on the couch.  Despite my non-overweight status, I apparently snore.  I attribute that to the narrowing of my esophagus of more than half.  That keeps her up.  So, I am in front of the TV trying to sleep as much as I can on the couch.  It wears after awhile.  Then I occasionally go in and check on her.  But, I think I figured out, through far too much time on my hands that 168gr is the way to go.  Probably, Hornady ELD.  At tad expensive, but there are more expensive things out there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got it in yesterday.  It was surprising.  This was the 2006 model, and it was NIB, and never even fired.  The tritium was a tad dim since 2006.  However, everything still had the  never been fired, cosmoline was even still on the action, and the green cap was still on the peep sight.  It came with the 20 round and 10 round mag, single point sling, and folding stock.  I always wanted one, but they were fairly pricy in 2006.  This was a pretty good deal.  I picked it up for about what an AR-10 would cost these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Parts, parts, and more parts.  I purchased a grip pod, to go with that, an picatiny mount to the grip pod (they are making those in singles and duals these days), so I could put my Elzeta light onto the grip pod.  I decided to go with the Crimsons traces tactical 2 BDC 1x4 scope, that has a lifetime warranty and free batteries for life.  If can be illuminated at night or low light, or you can leave it black during the day.  I thought that was a neat feature, about the same price as a Zeiss in that category with less features.