texas cop kills home owner

ASH

Wow, what a shitstick.  What is he doing dicking around in the back yard shooting in windows.  Go knock on the damn door.  I see you roaming my yard with a flashlight at 2:30 and you are likely to get shot.  Who is training these idiots?

Great of the media to make this a black white issue.  Like the cop could tell the person was black and that was why he shot.  He shot because he had himself all wound up and was playing commando.  HE controlled his exposure to the risk and if he was uncomfortable he should have retreated since he did not know there was any crime being committed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

Great of the media to make this a black white issue.  Like the cop could tell the person was black and that was why he shot.  He shot because he had himself all wound up and was playing commando.  HE controlled his exposure to the risk and if he was uncomfortable he should have retreated since he did not know there was any crime being committed.

That's the first thing that occurred to me. What on earth does their skin color have to do with it? I don't know why the LEO felt he had to shoot, but I'm certain it wasn't because the victim was black.

Edited by OldDad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"welfare check" doesn't sound like carte blanche to trespass on someone's property, and sure as heck not a reason to shoot a shadow in a window.

I agree, this trial will be pretty quick.  I seriously doubt there is anything in the department's SOP that will justify any part of this mess.

Condolences to the family of the victim.

Edited by Cougar_ml

9 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Damn.  Dallas area again.  Seems like there might be a problem in that PD.

Article has a definite slant but doesn't seem to assume the cop killed the homeowner for any reason other than a simple and tragic mistake.

Wasn't it Dallas PD who used a bomb to blow up a Police Shooting Suspect a few ago?

• Like 1

REAL bad shoot.  

As much as I know Shaun King is a race bating dope who is half white as a sheet of paper, I understand his angst toward this situation.   That said, pretty sure if it were a white woman inside, she'd have been shot as well.  

Edited by OwlsNest465

Interesting we don’t see a certain someone here making up fictional scenarios to justify this shooting. 

Guess he’s still reeling from the news that the cop who lead the botched Houston raid is also charged with murder. 

Edited by AK_Stick

Most cops I know will tell you that not everybody can do the job. Mentally, emotionally, psychologically, not everyone is equipped for it.

this is gonna have to be not only investigated, but evaluated in a view towards training, screening, prequalifications.

I understand the cop has resigned, the city is gonna pay a bunch of settlement. 

Some people shouldn’t be cops

1 hour ago, AK_Stick said:

Interesting we don’t see a certain someone here making up fictional scenarios to justify this shooting. 

Guess he’s still reeling from the news that the cop who lead the botched Houston raid is also charged with murder. 

give it time  bro ,  he will pop in  and  give us all his superior wisdom .  

he has a crazy eye about him .   

Aaron Dean was booked into the Tarrant County Jail Monday, Oct. 14, 2019. He resigned from the Fort Worth Police Department after he fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson in her home Oct. 12.(Tarrant County Jail)

Aaron Dean, 34, was booked Monday evening into the Tarrant County Jail, where his bail was set at $200,000. He had resigned from the Fort Worth Police Department earlier in the day.

Interim Police Chief Ed Kraus said he had intended to fire Dean, who was set to be interviewed Monday morning, but Dean quit first. His record will reflect a dishonorable discharge.

Kraus said Dean resigned before he answered any questions.

Dean, who had been on the force since April 2018, has not been cooperative, the chief said.

“He resigned before his opportunity to be cooperative,” Kraus said.

THPJ4HG4A5ADZA47XRZNLUTWOQ.jpg

31 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

it was the suspects bomb,Brilliant tactic to not get anymore Cops shot and end the situation poetically.

No I’m pretty sure they put the bomb on the robot and drove R2FU within in range and blew him up. 

Which was completely legit. 

• Like 1

That's the first thing that occurred to me. What on earth does their skin color have to do with it? I don't know why the LEO felt he had to shoot, but I'm certain it wasn't because the victim was black.

Who knows?!

We ALL have a subconscious and all manner of crap exists there.

We’ll likely never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Booker said:

Wasn't it Dallas PD who used a bomb to blow up a Police Shooting Suspect a few ago?

It was an active shooter who was firing on them and holding them off I believe. 

That was really cool, actually.

8 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

No I’m pretty sure they put the bomb on the robot and drove R2FU within in range and blew him up. 

Which was completely legit. 

R2FU :anim_lol:

As I recall it was completely legit and was not questioned.