New to me CZ

jmohme

My first mistake was going to the LGS with cash in pocket. I only went ot get a new holster for a gun that I had recently added a light to.

So we figured out what holster I needed and ordered it. Then I made my second mistake and asked to see that CZ 75B in the used gun display. She handed it to me, and I swear the gun just flowed into my hand and felt like it just belonged in my grip! I filled out the forms, handed over $400 and out the door I went.

The next day I was off to the range with my new to me CZ, my G19 and G20. The CZ is one of the most pleasant guns I have ever shot and produced some really tight groups.

My G20 will remain as my EDC, but the CZ is definitely a keeper!

IMG_0637.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't pick up a 75D-PCR. I did, and it followed me home. Then, I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it. Now, she thinks she should be sharing it with me at the range. I don't carry it - it has a modified trigger - but it's the nicest gun I own. My number 2 is a Sig 228 triple serial number W. German. In other words, the PCR is a remarkable gun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AITG said:

Whatever you do, don't pick up a 75D-PCR. I did, and it followed me home. Then, I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it. Now, she thinks she should be sharing it with me at the range. I don't carry it - it has a modified trigger - but it's the nicest gun I own. My number 2 is a Sig 228 triple serial number W. German. In other words, the PCR is a remarkable gun.

I had the same problem! PCR and SP-01 - great guns.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:38 AM, Dric902 said:

I like CZ’s

i don’t own any but they feel good in the hand, just not big on the DA/SA

I like handguns that allow themselves to be carried cocked and locked.  My 1911, my HK's, and my FN Tactical ,45,  but anymore I have been carrying my G-40 with a red dot.; once all the white supremacists  started going nuts.  One good reason for an oversized kittle.  But, lately, no synagogue, no church, until I am sure they wife is out of the woods.  Otherwise I would be grey manning a backpack with a folding stock SOCOM II.  Both places are happy for me to carry concealed, and actually encourage it.  The synagogue, because of all the synagogue attacks, the church, after the San Antonio massacres.  I think that violence will be reduced when they realize the majority of us shoot back.  The SOCOM is nice in case the BG's like to wear body armor, which they do more than they used to.  That is why we had the "Body armor drill," at quals; which some of you might know as the Mozambique.  A bobbing head is harder to hit when it is wearing body armor.  Most of the BG's get what they can get, which is usually 3A, which a .308 would laugh at.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few years back my wife bought me a lnib CZ 75 pre b. I sent it to a guy in Virginia who did a Cajun action job, fitted the barrel,target crown,extended mag release, installed an adjustable rear and Dawson f.o. front sights,and changed out all springs and pins. He even threw in rosewood grips.Man that thing shoots now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, Someday said:

I had the same problem! PCR and SP-01 - great guns.

Last Friday we looked at a SP-01 Phantom. The wife loved the feel so who am I to argue against buying another gun? We go to the range this Friday.

CZs are the Sara Lee of handguns: "Nobody doesn't like CZ". Even my CZ-83 feels great: it's problem is that 380 just doesn't make sense for me.

• Like 1

I saw on their web site that the Shadow 2 is now being offered in SAO.

I have been lusting after one for some time so off to the local gun shop with deposit money in hand, only to find out that he can't even order one yet. He is guessing availability after the Shot show, so I will just have to be patient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AITG said:

Last Friday we looked at a SP-01 Phantom. The wife loved the feel so who am I to argue against buying another gun? We go to the range this Friday.

CZs are the Sara Lee of handguns: "Nobody doesn't like CZ". Even my CZ-83 feels great: it's problem is that 380 just doesn't make sense for me.

The Phantom is sweet. It’s the only plastic CZ that I like and have. I might have to buy a second one. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 8:13 PM, Fnfalman said:

The Phantom is sweet. It’s the only plastic CZ that I like and have. I might have to buy a second one. 

We made it to the range today and shot 100 rounds...wow. This gun feels exactly right in both my and my wife's hands. When we were done she said "I wish we brought more ammo." The PCR got a hammer replacement and a trigger job from CZ Custom. The Phantom needs nothing. If I could only have two handguns they would be the Phantom and the PCR. (I may or may not have more than two).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...