Name That Movie

Eric

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Virtuosity

Yep. It didn't age very gracefully, but it was a good movie. The concept of the bad guy is one that should be revisited today, with modern FX tech.

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yep. It didn't age very gracefully, but it was a good movie. The concept of the bad guy is one that should be revisited today, with modern FX tech.

I think it was made back when people thought VR could do some really strange stuff and there were shows about how VR could affect the real world.  But the concept is solid IMO - especially with AI starting to get more popular.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I think it was made back when people thought VR could do some really strange stuff and there were shows about how VR could affect the real world.  But the concept is solid IMO - especially with AI starting to get more popular.

The idea of a synthetic bad guy made basically of glass, who could repair damage to himself by simply absorbing more glass was a great concept. I would love to see the idea evolve.

• Administrators
Just now, SC Tiger said:

No idea but I see a lot of actors I recognize in the picture.

That movie had one hell of a cast and they all did a great job. It perplexes me that the movie wasn't better received.