Former Dallas LEO Amber Guyer found guilty of Murder

SC Tiger

11 hours ago, ASH said:

i personally think she got off lucky,  it was shown from social media she was racist , and other things she had posted that were not shown.  his family was much more nicer then i would have been .

This is the kind of thing that can cause problems.  Maybe she was racist, but that does not mean she killed the victim out of spite or hatred.

As far as we know, this was a simple mistake and poor judgement.  No malicious intent.  When people start stirring up theories and rumors and other crap, that's when we have problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

This is the kind of thing that can cause problems.  Maybe she was racist, but that does not mean she killed the victim out of spite or hatred.

As far as we know, this was a simple mistake and poor judgement.  No malicious intent.  When people start stirring up theories and rumors and other crap, that's when we have problems.

Yes, ice cream eating is punishable by death apparently.  Not to diss the other half of the gender, but I have worked with both kinds of attitudes.  One:  I can keep up with the boys, and I damn well will.  Two: Everything scares me, and I will draw my weapon all the time.  I think she fell into the second category.  The Officer presence negligible, so always pull your weapon and point it in every situation.  I hope she doesn't get out too soon, there might be a multiple shooting at Baskins and Robbins.

• Haha 1

One thing for sure she was in wrong type of job.  Had it been she had a rebel flag mounted somewhere she would be racist as well. One thing is for sure I'm shocked of the amount of idiots who will post anything on line. I'd like to know how many criminals have been busted by Facebook and cell towers. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 6:08 PM, Maser said:

I'm betting she'll only do year.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, holyjohnson said:

Texas average is 66% of time is served i think 50% is about the least without special circumstances.

she is on the Hawtt side of the scale so,maybe that will be considered a special circumstance.

either way her first year will be in segregation if not her whole sentence.

Unless TX is WAY different than Michigan I am thinking Maser is closer to being accurate. The badge qualifies them for special privilege's.

Don't believe me, look at the Covert Township, MI cop that pulled over a car for suspected DUI, arrested the driver then took the passenger who you could see on the dash cam as being extremely drunk, back to his hotel room and screwed her all night. He stayed in a hotel because he couldn't get a job near his house because of his reputation, but since MI law doesn't allow a police department to discuss why officers are no longer employed if they quit he kept moving to different departments.

He was charged with a whole slew of things but took a plea for false imprisonment, and was sentenced to 1 year jail and 5 years probation. At the time the charges were announced he resigned and turned himself in to the police department at 8:00pm and spent the night, saw the judge first thing in the morning and received bail and NEVER saw a cell again. Even after the sentence nobody I know can find where he spent a second in a cell. After the 5 years probation he can hire a lawyer to have the conviction expunged and be back to being a LEO in a matter of a few years.

Dash videos are online as is the entire story. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Unless TX is WAY different than Michigan I am thinking Maser is closer to being accurate. The badge qualifies them for special privilege's.

Don't believe me, look at the Covert Township, MI cop that pulled over a car for suspected DUI, arrested the driver then took the passenger who you could see on the dash cam as being extremely drunk, back to his hotel room and screwed her all night. He stayed in a hotel because he couldn't get a job near his house because of his reputation, but since MI law doesn't allow a police department to discuss why officers are no longer employed if they quit he kept moving to different departments.

He was charged with a whole slew of things but took a plea for false imprisonment, and was sentenced to 1 year jail and 5 years probation. At the time the charges were announced he resigned and turned himself in to the police department at 8:00pm and spent the night, saw the judge first thing in the morning and received bail and NEVER saw a cell again. Even after the sentence nobody I know can find where he spent a second in a cell. After the 5 years probation he can hire a lawyer to have the conviction expunged and be back to being a LEO in a matter of a few years.

Dash videos are online as is the entire story. 

my understanding is TX averages 66% of time served before Parole i have no idea if she will be treated differently but i doubt it in this high profile case with the protests going on now.

and its very rare for parole being granted with under 55% of time being served.

anything is possible but,

being LEO in prison and being in segregation for a minimum of the first year and probably the entire length will still suck even if its 6.6 years.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

The judge doing it is a bit odd - but I tend to believe this judge knew that and was trying to stave off a potential mess.

What potential mess?  There would have been riots and protests if Guyger had been found not guilty.  But she was found guilty so not sure what potential mess the judge was trying to stave off.

Judges don't normally hug defendants, so this judge hugging Guyger left a lot unsaid.  Judges being political animals (and this being such a high profile case), this judge would have known/understood perfectly well the political implications/political optics of hugging Guyger but went ahead and did it anyway. Why?  I think the Judge's hug was motivated by her having sat through the entire trial and upon hearing the verdict, realized the true nature/motivation behind the jury's decision.  But the judge (being a judge) had to respect the legal process, including the jury's decision.        

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

What potential mess?  There would have been riots and protests if Guyger had been found not guilty.  But she was found guilty so not sure what potential mess the judge was trying to stave off.

Judges don't normally hug defendants, so this judge hugging Guyger left a lot unsaid.  Judges being political animals (and this being such a high profile case), this judge would have known/understood perfectly well the political implications/political optics of hugging Guyger but went ahead and did it anyway. Why?  I think the Judge's hug was motivated by her having sat through the entire trial and upon hearing the verdict, realized the true nature/motivation behind the jury's decision.  But the judge (being a judge) had to respect the legal process, including the jury's decision.        

You haven't been paying attention lately.  Guilty/Not Guilty isn't all there is to it.  Some people are upset that she only got ten years.  They think she should be executed on the 6:00 news.  And of course that means that there will be accusations of racism.  It's flying around social media.

Perhaps the judge (who was black) was trying to stave that off.  I don't know.  I don't know that she showed the best judgement in doing that honestly.  But I don't know what was in her head.

Yes, my wife was irritated by the small sentence too.  If I thought a stranger was in my home eating ice cream, my first instinct would not be to shoot them.  I would want the facts first.  Maybe this guy was a friend of one of the wife's lady friends.  I can always get more ice cream, it is not like they don't make more.  It is not unobtanium or something.  Drawing is one thing, shooting is another.  Potential ice cream theft is not going to get my hackles up.  My wife has friends of all colors.  So, the girls could have wandered off, and left the ice cream bandit there.  I want to know what the threat is before discharging a firearm at someone.  Ice cream is only threatening to people's waste size if they eat too much.  So, oh no, some strange guy is eating my ice cream.  I can demand to know who they are and what they are doing in my home, before blasting them into the next life.

So, she could have drawn, demanded to know what he "in theory" was doing in her apartment.  He could have shown his hands, and say, "Look around lady, does this look like your place?"

Problem solved.  No one dies.  So, I am very suspicious of the whole situation.  Either she had an issue with the neighbor and wanted to kill him, or she is as observant as a turnip.  If you are in law enforcement long enough, the devil is in the details.  Then to do the stupidest thing you can do, that is beat into your head on a regular basis, you shoot to stop the threat.  You don't say, "I meant to kill him."  She seems she is probably a couple fries short of a Happy Meal,

• Like 1

One last thing

A key witness in the murder trial of Dallas police officer Amber Guyger was shot and killed at an apartment complex late Friday, according to an attorney representing the family of the man Guyger shot.

"Joshua Brown, the next-door neighbor of [Botham Jean], was killed last night after being shot several times by an unknown assailant," S. Lee Merritt posted to social media on Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/key-witness-amber-guyger-botham-jean-murder

• Sad 1

Judges don't normally hug defendants, so this judge hugging Guyger left a lot unsaid.  Also, judges are political animals (and this being such a high profile case) so this judge would know perfectly well the political implications/optics of hugging Guyger.  And in this case, the judge had to physically come off the bench to give the hug.  The hug was no accident.    

The judge did sit through the entire trial and (presumably) paid attention.  Upon hearing the verdict, the judge (being a judge) had to respect the legal process and the jury's decision, and chose to  give Guyger a hug.      

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, PATCHMAN said:

Under Tx law, can a judge override a jury's sentence?  (In this case, 10 years).  IDK but was wondering.    

Judges are granted a lot more latitude than most people think, especially on the Federal Level.  For State and Local Judges, there is an appeal process.  In a small town, your sentence depends if you are big fish or a little fish.  Little fish get 99 years in jail for being a child molester.  Big fish get probation.  Sadly, I have seen this in motion.  There is a dark side to Mayberry, that if you look to long into the darkness, it looks back into you.  Hashem is not a respecter of persons, but the judicial system seems to be.  There is very little justice in the justice system.  Being called and then culled for Jury Duty constantly for being retired law enforcement, you get see some of the underbelly of things.  Usually, you find that most cases take a plea, where guilty or innocent, because frankly, there is a wide gulf between the very wealthy and very poor.  The very poor can't afford proper legal representation. 

While you are waiting to get in the door before the chaos of humanity fills every spot in the court room for voir dire, you see and hear things, if you are observant.  I watched and listened to a public defender of an inter-racial couple who were obviously among the destitute, how a plea would be better for them, as it gets costly to hire an attorney.  So, guilty or innocent, a plea is taken.  I find little justice in the justice system.  One, of many reasons, I find that moving away to be a better alternative.  I like rural living, I like plenty of space between neighbors as I find that creates a more amicable relationship.  The trick is moving, and not moving to suburbia.  I might as well put on my kittel now, as being three inches from the next guy would probably be a gilded coffin.  I like nature.  I like nature better than I like people.  The ANTIFA's, the Anti-Semites in high places, the constant corruption, and man's general inhumanity to man seems to be growing like a huge pustule that is eventually going to pop.  I'd rather not be around when it does. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dric902 said:

One last thing

A key witness in the murder trial of Dallas police officer Amber Guyger was shot and killed at an apartment complex late Friday, according to an attorney representing the family of the man Guyger shot.

"Joshua Brown, the next-door neighbor of [Botham Jean], was killed last night after being shot several times by an unknown assailant," S. Lee Merritt posted to social media on Saturday.

Those are coincidences I don't believe in.  In other words, someone wanted to revenge kill on her behalf.  The question is who?  I think it might be time to investigate who she was intimate with, and begin looking there.  Someone didn't want to wait ten years to poke her again, and was angry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

What are the three reasons for murder: jealousy, money, and revenge.  This was a revenge killing of the witness.

Don’t forget to conceal a crime,  to avoid humiliation or disgrace and plain old homicidal mania. 

Those are all actually my favorites.

:biggrin:

Edited by willie-pete

On 10/5/2019 at 8:43 PM, Dric902 said:

One last thing

Yeah - that's weird.  He wasn't (as some places reported) killed at the same apartment complex as the original victim.  It was across town I believe (admittedly this is based off of Twitter comments).

Supposedly he was shot in the mouth and the chest.

The problem is even if it is determined that his death was unrelated to the case, lots of people will not believe that.

Edited by SC Tiger

There isn't much to define what kind of people these are, and what their histories are with respect to their associates and business dealings.

One supposition might be that there is no relationship, and it is the result of the heat of passion, or a questionable dealing going bad.

There are any number of possible rationales as to the relationship of this murder to the cop episode.  There are probably any number of rationales for this murder that may be completely unrelated to the cop episode.

Everybody knows there is a layer of our society where violence is commonplace and who knows what person goes in and out of this layer.

A good supposition could be made for a relationship with the cop episode and an equally good supposition could be made for the lack of one.  The only conclusions that might come from these two murders is the call for more gun control from those who see both of these as a political advantage.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, janice6 said:

There isn't much to define what kind of people these are, and what their histories are with respect to their associates and business dealings.

One supposition might be that there is no relationship, and it is the result of the heat of passion, or a questionable dealing going bad.

There are any number of possible rationales as to the relationship of this murder to the cop episode.  There are probably any number of rationales for this murder that may be completely unrelated to the cop episode.

Everybody knows their is a layer of our society where violence is commonplace and who knows what person goes in and out of this layer.

A good supposition could be made for a relationship with the cop episode and an equally good supposition could be made for the lack of one.  The only conclusions that might come from these two murders is the call for more gun control from those who see both of these as a political advantage.

When a key witness in convicting her for murder is murdered, that is far random, or a coincidence.  Someone had a vendetta.  I think it cut both ways.  I think she intentionally committed the murder, because 13 hours is not a long time to work and forget where you live.  Having worked longer shifts, with shift work, and living in an apartment at the time, I call bullshit on her mistaken apartment.  I also think someone was really pissed she got convicted in the first place and took it out on the witness.  That is why people who were close to her need to be looked into as potential suspects to the second murder.

• Like 1