Glock 46 Announced

JJHNSN

I'll have to wait for the English version but it is intriguing. 

Seems like people who design pistols have been interested for many years. 

Browning 1897 Rotating-Barrel Pistol https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/browning-1897-rotating-barrel-pistol/

I've shot Beretta's PX4s a number of times and liked them. The ones I've had in hand did require proper lube on the rotating cams (?) and most people I know that own them use grease. I wonder if Glock will use a similar system, I can't tell from the pictures. 

Dave

You can copy and paste the text into Google Translate and get a fair understanding of it. Not really sure why Glock did, but over on the "other talk" place they discuss it and there apparently is an explanation offered, can't remember what it is now and too lazy to read it all again.

Nice article on The Firearm Blog about the Glock 46 .... pretty amazing that this is their first genuinely significant mechanical change since the very first one rolled out of Gaston's basement. And TFB provides Glock's US Patent application for it so .... there you go. We'll get it eventually. And it appears they have even bevelled the frame to match the front of the slide! Oh. My. Gosh. ;)

CLICK HERE

Glock-46-2.jpg

Glock-46-3.jpg

Glock-46-P1.png

Glock-46-Patent-3.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JJHNSN said:

Nice article on The Firearm Blog about the Glock 46 .... pretty amazing that this is their first genuinely significant mechanical change since the very first one rolled out of Gaston's basement. And TFB provides Glock's US Patent application for it so .... there you go. We'll get it eventually. And it appears they have even bevelled the frame to match the front of the slide! Oh. My. Gosh. ;)

CLICK HERE

Glock-46-2.jpg

Glock-46-3.jpg

Glock-46-P1.png

Glock-46-Patent-3.png

Thank you!

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just read the German article. This Glock sample was only developed in order to fulfill a new requirement in Germany's law enforcement use, for open competitive bidding between different manufacturers.

Doesn't mean that it will ever go into production nor that it will be available outside Germany or outside LE / military use.

The G46 can be field stripped without pulling the trigger, a feature apparently necessitated by ill-trained personnel or by personnel incapable of learning how to make their weapon safe prior to disassembly.

Pathetic, isn’t it, that manufacturers must build in proof against idiots?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shawn said:

The G46 can be field stripped without pulling the trigger, a feature apparently necessitated by ill-trained personnel or by personnel incapable of learning how to make their weapon safe prior to disassembly.

Pathetic, isn’t it, that manufacturers must build in proof against idiots?

"You can make something foolproof.  You can't make something damn foolproof."

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" 

"If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot."

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 8:46 AM, crockett said:

Just read the German article. This Glock sample was only developed in order to fulfill a new requirement in Germany's law enforcement use, for open competitive bidding between different manufacturers.

Doesn't mean that it will ever go into production nor that it will be available outside Germany or outside LE / military use.

Perhaps, but the fanboys will wail loudly and render their garments at not being able to buy one. The spilled tears over the Glock 25 & 28 might fill a small sea. 

8 minutes ago, blueiron said:

Perhaps, but the fanboys will wail loudly and render their garments at not being able to buy one. The spilled tears over the Glock 25 & 28 might fill a small sea. 

Especially considering that those are only out for countries  / LE restricting them to 9mm kurz. No advantage over the 9mm Luger versions.