Probably about to buy an LCP II

J_Rico

• 5 months later...

You probably know what the trigger is like. The trigger guard is a little different from LCP so not all holsters are interchangeable. My LCP 2 is reliable with standard FMJ ammo and with the SIG Elite hollowpoints. A FTE or two can be expected out of the box. The pistol is easier to control if you have smaller hands, as well as a mag extension or a rubber grip sleeve. With large paws consider a larger CCW like Glock 42, you accordingly have more storage space on your larger person. 

Edited by uZi

I bought my LCP II in mid-January, ditching my unreliable Glock 42. It definitely has some rough edges out of the box that need to smooth out. Mags would catch on the mag release when inserting, and after doing some research on the Internet, I found that it's a common problem, and slamming the mags home a few dozen times wore in whatever was catching. Also, with an empty mag in the gun, the slide would hang up when releasing it while holding the slide lock button down. A few mags at the range took care of that.

Then during the initial break-in, I got seven FTEs, all like horizontal stovepipes. Since then, it's been rock solid for several hundred rounds. I have 970 rounds through it in less than two months, and I've grown very fond of this pistol.

I have to say though, it's not a soft shooting gun. Not painful, but it wears my hands out after a while. Which is why I also have an LCP II .22lr. It's just about exactly the same gun, and when I've had enough of the .380, I put it down, pick up the .22 and keep going. They make a great pair.