Trump gets opinionated about NFL ratings and kneeling players.

Rabbi

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, arkdweller22 said:

That raw, unbridled speech is what his supporters love about him. 

He's genuine. There's nearly no other politician about which one can say that, especially in the last decade.

He steps on his dick a lot....but he puts so much out there,  most people cant keep up the outrage.  He also forces the left to side with some pretty shitty things.  If he calls out Little Kim or ass holes kneeling, and the left sides with those horrible things, it is a giant win for Trump. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rabbi said:

He steps on his dick a lot....but he puts so much out there,  most people cant keep up the outrage.  He also forces the left to side with some pretty shitty things.  If he calls out Little Kim or ass holes kneelings, and the left sides with those horrible things, it is a giant win for Trump. 

True, and he's funny as hell to boot. A lot of folks miss his comedy in the feigned outrage his off-the-wall statements garner. His troll skills are outstanding. What's not to love?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rabbi said:

.....but at his core, he is a construction guy from NYC.....he is a raw and it is beautiful sometimes. 

He's claimed that with his boarding, military, and catholic schooling, he really does know how to fight.

I would really like to see some old shithead politician get too much in his face, and see him take it personally.

• Like 1

To hell with the uberrich spoiled NFL players.  They have it too good.  They are entertainers, and for some reason America showers its entertainers with millions of dollars.  I put them in the same category as the spoiled uberrich kids in Hollywood.  They are annoying.  Stop making everything political.  Honor the flag that represents the country that allows you ALLOWS YOU to make gobs of money for doing nothing really important.  You didn't cure cancer.  You didn't invent a non-polluting vehicle engine.  You didn't figure out how to control the weather.  You play a game or pretend to be someone else.

In America, you are allowed to earn money and keep most of it.  You are allowed to speak.  You are allowed to worship, to vote, to write letters.  There aren't a lot of other countries on earth in which you'd enjoy the same freedoms.  Just a handful, actually.  And most of those cases are due directly to intervention by the United States.  Yes, military intervention.

Black men aren't being gunned down by the thousands by police officers without justification.  It just isn't happening.  I wish black males weren't disproportionally involved in criminal activity.  They are.  That's the reality.  I suggest these spoiled rich and famous children spend some time telling young black males to stop breaking the law.  Ridin' dirty isn't fiction.  It's the daily reality for millions of young black males.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tahmail said:

Maybe we should just stop singing the anthem at sporting events. Then what would everyone do?

Maybe we should stop singing "God Save the Queen" in London.  What would Britains do?  And maybe all the games should be played in Mexico.  Perhaps we could stop singing the national anthem at the Olympics.  Then would would everyone do?

19 hours ago, Tahmail said:

Maybe we should just stop singing the anthem at sporting events. Then what would everyone do?

I think Trump anticipated this when he told fans to flashmob and sing the anthem.

Screw it, I think instead of screaming to blot out the audibles, the crowd should shout the anthem (especially if these scummy criminals don't like the anthem).

Every Democrat politician needs to be asked if he or she would stand or kneel during the anthem.  Of course, interviewers NEVER ask Democrats hard questions.  Or, they let them off with a "Well, they have the right..." nonsense instead of pressing them to make a decision.  I think the answers would be as revealing as when Democrats were asked "Do all lives matter or do black lives matter?"

• Like 1

In 1862, boys (they were boys, most well under 20 years old) would die for the honor of carrying the flag.  The flag bearer instantly became the preferred target for enemy forces.  The life expectancy of the standard bearer was alarmingly short.  Yet, the boys all wanted the role.  If the flag bearer was hit, other soldiers would rush up and grab the flag to keep it off the ground.  The capture of an enemy's flag was considered a big deal, too.  Fast forward to 2017 and some consider the flag a symbol of repression or oppression.  What a disgrace.

• Like 1

One more history lesson for the spoiled ballers.  In 1945, outside Tokyo, the entire company was mustered around the flag pole.  An officer gave the signal and the American flag was raised while the band played the national anthem.  The officer stated that many men died to make that moment possible.  Nobody took a knee.  Nobody sat down.  Nobody did anything but stand at rigid attention, in silent reverence, while Old Glory was raised in Japan, after years of war and hundreds of thousands killed and wounded.  In 2017, a bunch of ignorant assholes decide that the flag and national anthem are symbols of hate.  (Story told to me by a man who witnessed the event.)

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 11:02 PM, arkdweller22 said:

That raw, unbridled speech is what his supporters love about him. 

He's genuine. There's nearly no other politician about which one can say that, especially in the last decade.

I'm starting to figure Trump out.  He is in constant campain mode.  He has figured out that there is a percentage of the population that will NEVER support him, and never really even gave him a chance.  So he has decided that they can fark off and he is going to rally around his base.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:07 PM, Rabbi said:

He steps on his dick a lot....but he puts so much out there,  most people cant keep up the outrage.  He also forces the left to side with some pretty ****ty things.  If he calls out Little Kim or ass holes kneeling, and the left sides with those horrible things, it is a giant win for Trump. 

In some ways Trump is playing chess while the left is playing checkers.  But he does sometimes screw up.  And while I get why he does it, I REALLY wish he'd lay off the Twitter.....

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I'm starting to figure Trump out.  He is in constant campain mode.  He has figured out that there is a percentage of the population that will NEVER support him, and never really even gave him a chance.  So he has decided that they can fark off and he is going to rally around his base.

In some ways Trump is playing chess while the left is playing checkers.  But he does sometimes screw up.  And while I get why he does it, I REALLY wish he'd lay off the Twitter.....

Yes, the twitter thing is not good. 

19 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

One more history lesson for the spoiled ballers.  In 1945, outside Tokyo, the entire company was mustered around the flag pole.  An officer gave the signal and the American flag was raised while the band played the national anthem.  The officer stated that many men died to make that moment possible.  Nobody took a knee.  Nobody sat down.  Nobody did anything but stand at rigid attention, in silent reverence, while Old Glory was raised in Japan, after years of war and hundreds of thousands killed and wounded.  In 2017, a bunch of ignorant assholes decide that the flag and national anthem are symbols of hate.  (Story told to me by a man who witnessed the event.)

In my youth, I spent a lot of time around a couple of U.S. bases in Japan. At dusk each evening, as they lowered the Old Glory on the post (and either the National Anthem or Taps -- I honestly can't recall now) played over the loudspeakers, everyone would stop whatever they were doing and stand at attention, facing the direction they knew the flag to be, with hand either saluting or over the heart. Even the civilian Japanese employees on the base stopped whatever they were doing and stood silently AS A SIGN OF RESPECT.

It's interesting to think that Japanese nationals showed more respect for the American flag than a bunch of pampered over-sized American adolescents being paid handsomely to play a game.

• Like 1

The Japanese, who had been conquered by America and restored to international glory, showed more respect for the flag of the United States than the NFL players did.  The NFL players showed more respect to the queen of England than to the United States of America.  Let them grow a set of balls and kneel during God Save the Queen.  Please, grow a set of balls, NFL players.  Stop protesting when you know you'll be praised high and low across the minority communities and Democrat strongholds of New York and San Francisco.  Do something that carries real risk of official, league-sponsored consequences.  Just once.  Please.

• Like 1