The ultimate Impossible Burger vs. Beyond Meat Burger taste test

TBO

https://www.cnet.com/news/impossible-burger-vs-beyond-meat-burger-our-ultimate-taste-test/

Plant-based meat is taking the world by storm, with the Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger leading the charge. These two companies produce plant-based (but not exactly veggie) burgers that mimic the taste and texture of real beef burgers. You can find both burgers at various restaurants across the US, and Beyond Meat has been selling its faux beef at groceries stores for several years. Now, you can pick up Impossible Burger meat at grocery stores too -- that is, if you live in Southern California.

Since you can now cook both of plant-based meats at home, we decided to do the ultimate taste test and compare them side by side with the same ingredients. Check out the video to see which one we liked best, and learn everything you could ever want to know about these plant-based meats below.

---------------------------

:popcorn:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 1

one question about making vegies taste like beef, WHY? Isn't that what cattle are for?

Dishonorable mention: McDonalds for advertising some burgers as "100% beef" but they are able to make 100 % beef taste like cardboard. How stupid is that?

So the net effect is to make crap taste like beef, and make beef taste like crap. What am I missing?

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I really want to try this test.  I see the Beyond meat at Kroger, but I think I will need to resort to BK to get the Impossible stuff.

Still mystifies me as to why a vegan or vegetarian would strive to make things taste like meat, but OK.  Maybe that's not the target market.

11 hours ago, tous said:

6 of janice will need a nap before he can ponder that.

Bear with him.

Wait.  He won't kill the bear and eat it, will he?

:biggrin:

I wouldn't eat it, but I might kill it if it's after me.

I don't eat anything that doesn't come out of a can or hasn't been covered in clear plastic. 

• Like 1

I see no reason to eat fake meat.  This "unsustainable" tripe is stupid.  What is unsustainable it human population growth, if they are really worried about the environment they should work towards reducing world population - get the poor countries to quit squirting out kids.