Perhaps

it is time (again) to prepare for the upcoming "hi-cap" mag shortage by buying some today.  Also, AR-15s.  and maybe an AR-10.  Or 2.  

Does anyone else feel like their life is starting to resemble the movie Ground Hog Day?  Didn't we live through this before?  I could have made a pile on magazines some years back, if I'd been a little more pro-active instead of just making sure I had enough to last me the rest of my life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll pick up another case or two of 5.56 and 7.62.  I usually wait until they do the 10 PMAGS and a case of ammo sale.  I picked up another 5500 of .22

I'm really at a point where I don't feel the need for more guns, sometimes I just want one.  I don't think we're in for any real changes but it never hurts to have some extra ammo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

It does get old.  You never get a chance to settle in and relax.  There is always something else happening and you feel pressure to add extra just in case.  I started buying after the sunset in 2004, so I don't have the sense of urgency some may have.

5.56 ammo is at a pretty good price now, so I buy at least a half case most months.  Sometimes a full case.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

It does get old.  You never get a chance to settle in and relax.  There is always something else happening and you feel pressure to add extra just in case.  I started buying after the sunset in 2004, so I don't have the sense of urgency some may have.

5.56 ammo is at a pretty good price now, so I buy at least a half case most months.  Sometimes a full case.

Not really.  I think at my age, a Grand of 7.62, a Grand of .45 acp, a Grand of 9 mm, and 500 rounds of WMR 22 will pretty much be enough to make tryin to take my position a bit difficult.  Especially bein as me and a few members of our hood, who are also like minded, actually have a plan for our hood, in case...things "go south"...so to speak.  Mainly talking about if anarchy is the norm, some of us in our hood do have a plan, and communicate.  Anyway...If ya die with too much ammunition...ya only help the people that finally kill ya!:shooting-two-guns:

• Thanks 1

My stockpiling is not just for SHTF, but for a democrat president.  Thinking back to what CTD did when Obama got elected, I want to buy as much as possible.  I bought at least 6k rounds in 2018, possibly more and another 4k or 5k in 2019, and it's not just for SHTF.  I don't even know how many full cap mags I have.  It's a box full.  I've also started buying 80% lowers.

When the next democrat president starts talking smack, I'll have more than I'll probably ever need.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I just knew a guy on another board that had the same story...lost all his guns in a "boating accident".

Happens...I was hunting whales in Alaska. Harpoon recoil turned my rubber boat over.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Historian said:

No but i am a barstool prophet.

Thats quite a story of the Whales.  Heh, heh, heh....B| 

There was another guy on another gun board who lost all his guns in a boating accident.  Don't think he was harpooning whales though.  Not sure why he had all his guns in a boat anyway....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Thats quite a story of the Whales.  Heh, heh, heh....B| 

There was another guy on another gun board who lost all his guns in a boating accident.  Don't think he was harpooning whales though.  Not sure why he had all his guns in a boat anyway....

Well clearly he wasn't hunting whales because i brought everything i had just to make sure.

I read Moby Dick.   I learned two things.  Whales are dangerous and never get on a ship with a man named Ishmael.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

Well clearly he wasn't hunting whales because i brought everything i had just to make sure.

I read Moby Dick.   I learned two things.  Whales are dangerous and never get on a ship with a man named Ishmael.

I still think you're Bar Stool Guru.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Not really.  I think at my age, a Grand of 7.62, a Grand of .45 acp, a Grand of 9 mm, and 500 rounds of WMR 22 will pretty much be enough to make tryin to take my position a bit difficult.  Especially bein as me and a few members of our hood, who are also like minded, actually have a plan for our hood, in case...things "go south"...so to speak.  Mainly talking about if anarchy is the norm, some of us in our hood do have a plan, and communicate.  Anyway...If ya die with too much ammunition...ya only help the people that finally kill ya!:shooting-two-guns:

You must not shoot much.  A grand of anything isn't going to last me more than 3 or 4 trips to the range.  It might be enough for a SHTF defense, but as far as range time, classes, democrat presidents, shortages, and SHTF are concerned, 1k rounds is no where near enough. 

Before the C-19 thing, for a typical trip to the range I would load at least 10 AR mags.  3 trips and 1k rounds is down to 100 or less.   

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with PPQer.  This morning I shot 100 rds thru my 10/22 carbine I just built, 100 rds thru my Henry AR 7 carbine, 200 rounds thru my Ruger Mark IV Lite, 100 round thru my S&W M&P .22, 150 rounds thru my G17 and 40 rounds thru my G 43.

Tomorrow is long gun day...

Along with a couple of friends, we buy in bulk and have partnered with a local gun store.  We buy so much every month he has moved to first column pricing on all his ammo orders and he passes great pricing along to us!  We are still buying CCI MiniMags for just under 6 cents delivered

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, PPQer said:

You must not shoot much.  A grand of anything isn't going to last me more than 3 or 4 trips to the range.  It might be enough for a SHTF defense, but as far as range time, classes, democrat presidents, shortages, and SHTF are concerned, 1k rounds is no where near enough. 

Before the C-19 thing, for a typical trip to the range I would load at least 10 AR mags.  3 trips and 1k rounds is down to 100 or less.   

No, actually I go to the range quite a bit, least for me.  The grand of ammo I keep for my calibers don't get messed with.  That's SHTF ammo.  I probably don't go as much as you do, but before this I use to go about once a month.  Bout all I could afford!  I only shoot about a hundred rounds when I go to the range, and use to just stop by Academy Sports and pick up some ammo for the shoot.