The Old Test

Eric

I actually like to rebuild Carburetors , we seemed to be able to talk to each other.  (Even the Quadrajets)

I wrote a paper on "how to rebuild a Quadrajet carburetor" for an English writing class in college.  It had to be for someone that had never done the task.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

On 9/17/2019 at 10:19 AM, Paul53 said:

Before my folks passed, theirs was so old that new repairmen would knock and ask if they could look at it, take it apart, etc. All mechanical, not a single transistor. They just wanted to be able to see a real one.

phone wiki.JPG

My Dad had a lock that went into the "1" hole so my Sister couldn't call out.  Then he'd monitor the phone when it rang.  If he answered, she wasn't going to be on the phone long.  There were heated discussions between my Dad and Sister about this.  She would seethe when she saw that thing on the phone.  Lol!

• Like 3

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Peng said:

I used these a lot in school...

Capture.JPG

Bills, checks, appointment cards and many other things used to be printed on punch cards, for faster, easier processing. When I was in the Army in the mid-eighties, our medical/dental appointment notifications and such still arrived on them. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Peng said:

This was my favorite game for a long time.

Capture.JPG

That one was the too-little-too-late game.  Mattel was the real one.

We could single-handedly hold it with a thumb on the 'run' button and index finger on the back and just vibrate it like a hummingbird on meth, and you could run faster than the leds could change.

The loser of our games was the guy that made a single one-microsecond timing error,  anywhere along the way.

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

What we have here...is a failure to communicate

im shaking it boss, im shakin it

aint no man can eat 50 eggs

and of course the carwash

That picture I posted was from that scene. That was an evil woman.

• Like 1