What is wrong with old guys?

Batesmotel

My neighborhood was built a little over 30 years ago. Not little starter homes. Large upscale homes. 

Wave #1. Guys in their 40s and 50s with established families were the original buyers. They established the local hierarchy and unwritten rules of conduct for the neighborhood. And they thought it would never change. 

Wave #2. About 15 or so years later the first of the old guys started to move out as their kids grew up and moved away. This is when I moved in. I was the first of the second wave. I was actually threatened to not move in by a guy who turned out to be the leader of the old farts and unfortunately my next door neighbor. This second wave continued for a long time and the remaining old farts have made life hell for us younger guys at times. For no other reason than not being part of the original crew they xpected to grow old with. 

Wave #3. The new wave has recently started. The last of the old guys have started to die off. The families are selling the houses to the next generation of home buyers. Mostly up and coming professionals in their thirties who already have young families. A couple of the old farts are trying to mess up the sales of the houses. They don't want to see anymore changes. My next door neighbor recently passed and his kids listed the house for sale. One of the other old farts keeps stealing the realtors signs from in front of the house. A couple others have started a smear campaign about a bunch of the young guys about how bad we would be as neighbors. Trying to keep new people from buying the house. I, being next door, am the top of the list. 

14 hours ago, XSIV4S said:

Or UV dye. Give him an hour and knock on his door with a black light (That will give him plenty of time to have touched all sorts of things).

I like you. You think like I do.

One of the senior drivers at a fleet I used to manage used to tell new hires. "Don't mess with Jerry. He's a sneaky devious bastard!"

6 hours ago, Dutchman said:

This must be why they have 55 and older communities.  The old timers need to move there.

I'm 55+ and I'll bet that 70% of today's "youngsters" would either have immediately quit, or started crying, if they tried to follow me around at work this week.

HA!

• Like 1