Van Packed With A 1,000 Gallons Of Gas Found Ahead Of Trump's Visit To Baltimore

pipedreams

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

They said they only found approximately 80 gallon in those tanks when they went to pump it out.  The 2nd van however did have about 600 gallon according to the Sun story.  Wonder if it will ever be revealed who owned the vans since they were not rentals.

So the headlines are for pure sensationalism and intentionally not accurate, or the writer is an ignorant fool.  Hard to determine which, since they are journalists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

So the headlines are for pure sensationalism and intentionally not accurate, or the writer is an ignorant fool.  Hard to determine which, since they are journalists.

Could be an " and " there instead of the " or ". I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

:supergrin:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, willie-pete said:

I am impressed you know what a BLEVE is.

Of course we called them something different;

The noise the reporter hears is the pressure relief valve lifting. It continues until the tank softens under the heat and comes apart. The flammable liquid then starts boiling with the reduced pressure and the vapor cloud ignites creating a 

BLAST LEVELING EVERYTHING VERY EFFICIENTLY or BLEVE.

;)

Sir, my first gig was on the ambulance, with a brief stint at a small VFD. I learned enough that I realized quite soon that hose-humpers are CRAZY, but thank the Lord for them. And I really thought your corrected term for it was gonna be a string of colorful expletives!

These days, I strongly adhere to the "rule of thumb" when it comes to dangerous stuff.  Hold your arm out straight in front of you, and give the subject a thumbs up. If your thumb isn't completely covering the scene, you're too close!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1