NFL Players Want League To Make November A Month to Protest Police

RussP

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

It's a free country. If people want to patronize companies which support this kind of behavior it's their choice. Personally, I gave up on "professional sports" a long time ago.

The only pro sport that ever interested me was Ice Hockey.

I always told my friends that were obsessed with football, that I would put a decent Hockey player up against your best football player in a street fight any day. Maybe it's time to give that a try.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jmohme said:

The only pro sport that ever interested me was Ice Hockey.

I always told my friends that were obsessed with football, that I would put a decent Hockey player up against your best football player in a street fight any day. Maybe it's time to give that a try.

What kind of measuring stick for a sport is that? Maybe the worst football player could kick the **** out of the best hockey player? You know what I say to that? Maybe if he'd focused more on football than fighting, he wouldn't be the worst football player.

5 hours ago, KFC said:

What kind of measuring stick for a sport is that? Maybe the worst football player could kick the **** out of the best hockey player? You know what I say to that? Maybe if he'd focused more on football than fighting, he wouldn't be the worst football player.

Its not intend to be a measuring stick of any type, but it would be worth watching and would likely draw a bigger audience than an NFL event if they keep going the way they are.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:49 PM, Bruce said:

Given the number of players who have been charged with felonies and misdemeanors I am  no  more shocked that they would protest the police than any other group of criminals and criminals' friends.

WHO NEEDS RULES? NFL Players Arrested Every 7 Days On Average
The average time between arrests is just seven days, while the record without an arrest is slightly more than two months, at 65 days, according to NFLarrest.com, which "provides an interactive visualized database of National Football League player Arrests & Charges," the site says.

The NFL virtually embraces players who abuse women. Take this report in the Chicago Tribune: "In the first round [of the 2017 draft], the Oakland Raiders drafted Gareon Conley, who has been accused of rape. In the second round, the Cincinnati Bengals selected Joe Mixon, who in a much-viewed video punches a woman so hard that she falls down unconscious. In the sixth round, the Cleveland Browns selected Caleb Brantley, who was accused of doing pretty much what Mixon did."
So, maybe — just maybe — NFL players aren't the best ones to be preaching to America about the perils of police brutality.
  • Thanks 1

I suggest the NFL protest police during the month of November by HOLDING ALL GAMES WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF POLICE PROTECTION.  Yep.  The NFL should demand that no police officers, on duty or off duty, attend the games to provide security.  Just let the fans do what the fans do.  That would be putting your money where your big mouths are.  I have no illusions that the NFL has the balls to do this.  Maybe the NFL could ask the Crips, Bloods, BMF, MS-13, and Latin Kings to provide security.

bmf-black-mafia-family.jpg

The NFL was my escape from the BS of everyday life when it was too snowy to work dogs.

If they cannot respect the men and women who protect them, or our country, they can go pound sand.

I hope stadiums continue to empty, and the folks who stand duty at the games boycott them during the month of November.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, itisbruno said:

The NFL was my escape from the BS of everyday life when it was too snowy to work dogs.

If they cannot respect the men and women who protect them, or our country, they can go pound sand.

I hope stadiums continue to empty, and the folks who stand duty at the games boycott them during the month of November.

I agree, Burno. The best thing this country can do is to stop watching network TV (not boycott, that would imply we'll go back) including "pro sports" and "the news".

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, itisbruno said:

You and I both Brotha!

• Like 2