Mossberg Shockwave

CalmerThanYou

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, zonie said:

M2 Carbine where did you get the mount for the Tac-14 ?

I just bought the Tac-14 and hope to get to the range Tuesday to try it out.

Got it from MagPul

They have several lengths.

With a little effort you can mount the rail without removing the forearm.

https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-polymer-rail-5-slots

Edited by M2 Carbine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Several individuals, at various times, have seen my little companion and made the usual remarks about how hard it would recoil and the fact about pattern/accuracy.  I have seen pictures of people getting hurt by the safety but none of the people that shot mine have had ANY problems.  Look at the pictures or hold one and look at your wrist, it's nothing like a pistol grip.  If you hold it at the hip it's like a porch swing, a lot less punishing than shooting from the shoulder.  Use a laser or practice and it wlll surprise you at 7 to 10 yards.  I'm seventy years old and live out in the country, after dark, would you like to guess who my security guard is?   BTW, it's always interesting to see the guys and girls faces after they fire the first round then continue to pump five more rounds through it.

I used to rely on my G21 for night time defense and still do keep it in the night stand beside the bed. However, my new favorite home defense weapon is my Shockwave. I am in my 70's now and had pretty much decided to shoot only semi auto shotguns to save my shoulder a bit of pounding. Having fired some short barrel shotguns with pistol grip in the past I had always wanted one but didn't want to go through the paperwork to get one. Then, Mossberg  really got my attention with the Shockwave. I finally picked one up for a very good price, collected an assortment of shells and off to the woods I went. First six were #71/2, followed by six 00 Buck, followed by six slugs. Shooting at tin cans, all were accurate. Same with cardboard targets put up on fallen Oak trees. Recoil was and is easy to control. I have not shot the gun from the hip yet, preferring to use the push method so I can aim down the top of the barrel. The only problem with the Shockwave is it's soooo much fun to shoot you go through a lot of shells really fast.>:( The really good thing about the gun is my shoulder feels great when I finish shooting.:D As far as bloody hands from shooting the Shockwave, it happened to Hickock45 because he fired the gun one handed and his hand slid up on the safety; that's a guaranteed way to cut your hand. Shoot the gun with both hands as was intended and all is good.

Edited by Citra47
grammer

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, TeaDub said:

Both the Shockwave and the Tac14 have just been announced in 20 GA. I haven't seen any in the wild yet tho. Either in 12 or 20, I'd lean towards the Mossberg. They are more friendly toward us southpaws.

I  have the Shockwave in 20 ga.

Of course the recoil is less than 12ga.  It's comfortable shooting and dead accurate (from the hip) when using the Streamlight laser/light.

Realistically, for normal home defense distance I don't think there would be much difference in the effect on a bag guy's chest between 12 and 20 ga Buckshot.

The main problem I have is my home defense could be out beyond 30 yards.

At that distance 12 ga Federal Flite Control Buckshot only spreads about 8-10 inches.  The problem is Federal does not make 20 ga Flite Control Buckshot loads.

5b3cff1076a23_Shockwave20ga10yds.thumb.JPG.aa458abdd7bad68f90a1fe8ad3643d8d.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Jason D said:

I am stuck between thinking it may be the coolest thing ever, or the stupidest. I've been seeing the Mossberg version for as low as 359. Even though it's cheap enough to snap one up, I and a bit worried it would just be a useless gun. 

I'd rather use a handgun for home defense for several reasons but it's the "COOL" factor that makes me want one. Not every gun I own needs to have a specific purpose. One of my favorite guns is my Browning Hi-power and I have better guns for concealed carry or woods carry or home defense but there's no way I would ever consider it "useless". Same thing for my Ruger 41 Magnum Blackhawk or my old sawed-off 10 and 12 gauge double barrel hammer guns. 

And as far as the shockwave, I'd want one in 20 Gauge. And if Remington 870's were still made by Remington, I'd want a Tac 14.

Edited by Borg warner