Went moose hunting today

Moose season opened today for archery. Went out before dawn. We saw about 15 moose, 2 of them being bulls. One wasn't legal due to antler restrictions. The legal bull did not stick around. Also helped a couple guys track one they had stuck. They were still looking for it when we moved on. We'll go back tonight to see how they did. I'm thinking it was a shoulder shot and likely not fatal for the moose. Very smoky here today from the fires. High 60's and still dry as hell. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Moose season opened today for archery. Went out before dawn. We saw about 15 moose, 2 of them being bulls. One wasn't legal due to antler restrictions. The legal bull did not stick around. Also helped a couple guys track one they had stuck. They were still looking for it when we moved on. We'll go back tonight to see how they did. I'm thinking it was a shoulder shot and likely not fatal for the moose. Very smoky here today from the fires. High 60's and still dry as hell. 

Good Luck.

i Love moose stew.

hope you get some rain,after the Moose though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I've eaten a ton of moose, elk, deer, caribou, bear. Moose is the best.

This right here. Moose move slower and have looser muscle grain more like cows in my opinion. Elk is good but leaner like a deer.

Not like any of it is bad though!