Cops raise a stink...

TBO

9 minutes ago, TBO said:

944fd9d87ff7da4e5aebc9655a26a0e8.jpg

skunk-rescued-duluth_1566160615894_7601121_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

http://www.fox9.com/news/duluth-officers-work-to-save-stuck-skunk

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Even the least among us has a life.  it's nice to see that they try to preserve it rather than taking the easy way out.

Critters have a tough time since people moved in.  Empathy is a virtue.

• Like 3

In a photo, Officers Kelly Hanna and Morgan Cekalla are seen using a pair of bolt cutters to cut the object from the skunk's head. According to the department, the officers eventually succeeded after 40 minutes of work.

Along with the post, the department shared a message from the citizen who captured the rescue effort: "Many thanks to squad cars 25 and 26 who came to our neighborhood and saved this sweet mama skunk this morning. They spent almost 40 minutes patiently working with her to set her free. Thanks for protecting and serving even the smelliest of critters!"

Was this type of rescue part of the LEO's police academy training?  :}

Glad this didn't raise a stink!   Local cops helping members of their community!!!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Most animals, including skunks, seemingly try to avoid hurting those trying to help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly.  But sometimes the skunk hasn't figured out you are going to help, when you are just approaching it, which is why the blanket trick is a good thing.  Also, sometimes the skunk is too ill to understand you are helping, and just reacts instinctively to any approach.  The blanket/towel doesn't hurt them, and can keep you from getting sprayed... so I think it's worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Mostly.  But sometimes the skunk hasn't figured out you are going to help, when you are just approaching it, which is why the blanket trick is a good thing.  Also, sometimes the skunk is too ill to understand you are helping, and just reacts instinctively to any approach.  The blanket/towel doesn't hurt them, and can keep you from getting sprayed... so I think it's worth it.

I believe this is good advice.