Bill O'Reilly: Put gun criminals away and leave law-abiding gun owners alone

pipedreams

Yes I know it is Bill & the Blaze.

"Bill added, "I have said for years that if you commit a crime with a firearm in this country, you go to federal prison for ten years mandatory first conviction. That solves the gun violence problem. How many decades do I have to say this? How many times do I have to say it? If you're a criminal using a gun in a crime, it becomes a federal crime and of you have a mandatory ten. That stops gun violence. I get so angry because the rest of this gun stuff is BS. It's political posturing. You want to solve it, you put the criminals with guns in prison for ten years. That's what you do!""

https://www.theblaze.com/glenn-radio/philadelphia-suspect?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM-Final 2019-08-17&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily AM - last 270 days

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And the guy who ‘printed’ when he bent over and got a screeching lib calling the cops for brandishing? Happens often

overzealous prosecutor, running for office, getting a notch for a questionable use of force by a citizen (see Harold Fish)

wasn't Bill virulently anti gun not long ago? Before the “Fall”

me smells a desire to trend

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tous said:

Missouri had, at one time and I am not sure if it still exists, a state law on armed criminal action.

Commit a crime with a firearm, two-year mandatory stay in the cross-bar hotel.

Indiana just began a law (July1st) that protects a lawful use of firearms from civil prosecution. And another that allows anyone that receives an order of protection to carry while waiting on their CCW to go through 

still some bad prosecutors looking for re-election or promotion 

6 minutes ago, tous said:

Missouri had, at one time and I am not sure if it still exists, a state law on armed criminal action.

I like the idea of mandatory stay.   That's why I posted the OP.  If their serious they would go after the criminals and leave law abiding people alone.  Gun crimes would come way down right away if there was an automatic ten years with no possibility of release for at least five years.

• Like 2

That would require some courage by state, local and federal legislators and, as we all know, they have none.

However, note how brave they were when it came to pre-emption of state law for CHL holders.

Besides, felons can be counted on to vote for a Democrat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The limit of comprehension is that Minnesota (the most liberal state) has CCW, and no penalty for printing.

The second most incomprehensible, was the day I filled my car with gas, walked into the Holiday station and chatted with the clerk while my check wouldn't clear their machine.  He cleared it by hand and thanked me.  When I put my billfold away I realized that all this while, my T shirt was caught behind the grip of my G41 IWB.  I had been flashing a big .45 semiauto.

Imagine!  The pit of liberalism and not a comment from any customers or the staff in the gas station.  I am still astounded by that experience.

Maybe some are learning.

• Like 3

Well, if they would just go with the idea that having a gun on you is NOT a crime, and tack the 10 year gun penalty onto use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, it might have some effect... and probably some unintended side effects, like an increase in the number of robberies where a knife or an axe or a hammer is used instead of a gun.  

• Like 3

Doesn't Chicago have some pretty stiff penalties for committing a crime while possessing a firearm?

Don't they just keep dropping all of those charges against people and letting them back out on the street to do it again and again?

Laws only work if they're enforced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today the big news in Minneapolis is a "serious talk" about gun crime. 

The liberals want to cut down on gun crime but, they are protesting the mayor's request for more police. 

They want gun crime reduced but no more cops for law enforcement.  Most of the protest are coming from our 13% community, and they don't want LEO's arresting thug criminals. To these people, the gun crime is due to the police not the criminals.  You can't be arresting criminals just because they broke the law.

Just stop gun crime...……  The understanding is that to accomplish this, you must take guns away from the legal citizens that haven't committed a crime.  Because this is easier than trying to take a gun away from a bunch of criminals, they might fight back or "Protest".

Someone needs to explain the logic to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Well, if they would just go with the idea that having a gun on you is NOT a crime, and tack the 10 year gun penalty onto use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, it might have some effect... and probably some unintended side effects, like an increase in the number of robberies where a knife or an axe or a hammer is used instead of a gun.  

There is a reason that vicious thugs and career criminals have little to fear from the criminal justice system.

The criminal justice system wants it that way.

District attorneys are politicians and like all professional liars, they aspire to more power, more privilege and if the decent citizens of their city have to be sacrificed, that bothers them not at all.

If prosecutors can claim victory by pointing to their conviction rates, nearly all of it by plea bargains that expose murderers to little more than an inconvenience, that is what the liars will do.

Keep in mind that mayors get a free, big fancy house, guards and transportation at their whim.

Mayors, city council members and prosecutors don't live in the 'hood and the goblins don't kill them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, tous said:

Michigan has the same, its 2 years for the gun and then what ever else they tack on. The 2 for the gun are supposed to not run at the same time as the rest. We have Detroit and Flint, so I am going to go out on a limb and say 2 years is not much of a deterrent.

Printing here doesn't matter, and OC is happening more and more in populated areas of the state

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tous said:

That would require some courage by state, local and federal legislators and, as we all know, they have none.

However, note how brave they were when it came to pre-emption of state law for CHL holders.

Besides, felons can be counted on to vote for a Democrat.

Plus they like mass shootings because every mass shooting victim tends to vote democrat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1