Forged in Fiire

Mayhem like me

I have something upwards of 4,600 hours of aikido training, and even when someone is coming at you with a wooden knife it takes a lot to steady your nerves. An attack with a live blade would be a totally freaky nightmare scenario.  But, the carnage from somebody of Marcaido's skill level is unimaginable.  

I saw one video where he was training somebody from a European Dojo and the guy was totally unprepared to be in the demonstration.  Rather than humiliate the guy, or insult his instructor, Marcaido simply asked, "How long have you been training?"  I suspect he was surprised when the guy said, "Three years."  It was subtle, but I've seen some brazen show of egos from various instructors in my travels, and I believe that what I've seen of Marcaido shows him to likely be one of the best. 

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, JohnKSa said:

They're still airing new episodes on the Science Channel.  I've been known to watch an episode of How It's Made now and then.  Good show.

Hmm. I must nut get that channel. i haven't seen the show come up in the channel guide for a couple of years. I should check to see if it's on Netflix.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I found the video on how engine blocks are made to be fascinating and a bit of an eye opener:

I really enjoy shows liked that. I liked the How It's Made: Supercar Edition, but they did a pretty bad job of narrating the episodes. Every episode would have several instances where the narrative was out of sequence with the video being shown, or the info in the narrative was just plain wrong. It was still some great video coverage of the making of some truly iconic cars.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, minderasr said:

Forged in Fire is one of my favorite shows.  I never miss an episode.

Anyone watch the spinoff, Forged in Fire: Knife or Death?

I've watched it and I like it OK but I love watching the forging process so I prefer the original.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pistolay said:

I'm not a knife person and neither is my wife, but we binge on Forged in Fire every Tuesday night. We miss J. Neilson though. Apparently he's only going to do a couple of shows this season.

Hopefully he's busy making knives. I'm on his waiting list... :)