Disassembling, Cleaning, and Reassembling your Ruger 10/22 Rotary Magazine

pipedreams

Had a magazine that was screwed up and the rounds wouldn't pop up and chamber.  Hated to throw it away so figured out how to disassemble it but still was stuck.  Found the following site with pictures that was easy to follow and now I have a fully functioning magazine again.  Don't pull the spring out of the center or you will compound your problems. Each end of the spring has a tiny hole it fits into.

https://trochronicles.blogspot.com/2009/04/disassembling-cleaning-and-reassembling.html

• Thanks 2

I don't own one anymore.  But, I will have a magazine that is just so horribly made, that the rounds are actually stuck in the magazine, and refuse to release.  Some aftermarket mess.  I have tried prying it open.  I haven't had success with that.  I sure don't want to start hitting it with a hammer.  Considering it is a rimfire, that could be a bad day..  Not a great deal of .22lr., it is just the principal of the thing.  So, there it sits to this day.

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, Spats McGee said:

I didn't realize for the first 35 years of 10/22 ownership that you could take them apart for cleaning.

You and me both!

They've never given me an ounce of trouble, and I've never cleaned them.  Maybe I should.  

Now the 10/22 mags from Butler Creek have been nothing BUT problems.  I've got two of them and I may just use them for target practice.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I learned how not to clean a box mag, which taught me how to do it.  +1000 Wishoot on the Butler Creek Heces del toro mags.  They are too loose and feed jam.  I even took apart and put the spacer in the spring and used tape on the exterior and it still jams.