Irish People Try Videos

Eric

• Administrators

I’ve been watching the Try Channel on You Tube for 18 months or so. The videos are simply a panel of Irish people trying different products, foods & drinks, games, etc, mostly from the US. They have a stable of regulars that rotate through the videos. Most of them are real characters and they are entertaining.

The videos interest me because I like seeing their perspective on things familiar to us here. I really enjoy most of their videos. The people, their slang and phrasing and their humor is entertaining to me. They tend to be liberal types and I usually avoid those videos, but for the most part, they steer clear of politics, at least since early in the series, when the channel was called the Facts channel.

I’ll warn you, the language can be a little raw, but the videos are usually pretty good.

Here they are trying Crispy Creme donuts, shortly after the first couple franchises opened in Ireland. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, G19Tony said:

Millennial Beta Irish people. Who would have thought. Get the IRA to try a doughnut. 

Another county heard from. Well, they are more entertaining than our Millennials, at least. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eric said:

Dermot REALLY doesn’t like peanut butter. So naturally they include him in every video that has something with peanut butter in it.:biggrin:

I'm with him.  I don't hate Peanut Butter, but it's just not on my list of things.

Caveat!  Unless!  It's extra crunchy spread on hot Buttered toast burned to perfection!

38 minutes ago, Eric said:

I’ve been watching the Try Channel on You Tube for 18 months or so. The videos are simply a panel of Irish people trying different products, foods & drinks, games, etc, mostly from the US. They have a stable of regulars that rotate through the videos. Most of them are real characters and they are entertaining.

The videos interest me because I like seeing their perspective on things familiar to us here. I really enjoy most of their videos. The people, their slang and phrasing and their humor is entertaining to me. They tend to be liberal types and I usually avoid those videos, but for the most part, they steer clear of politics, at least since early in the series, when the channel was called the Facts channel.

I’ll warn you, the language can be a little raw, but the videos are usually pretty good.

Here they are trying Crispy Creme donuts, shortly after the first couple franchises opened in Ireland. 

Oh, god!  Krispy Kreme donuts are a technological wonder.  Donut dough under pressure in a sealed vessel, released to atmospheric pressure so they swell up into a single molecular thin three dimensional skin fast fried in oil.  A substance whose sole purpose is to support a homogenous layer of Sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I damn near supported our local franchise all by myself.  I bet my physician was happy to see them leave my state.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eric said:

The girl called Ciara is a drinking superhero. She is hilarious, in a very deadpan way. 

She couldn't believe that the grain alcohol was so bad she had to have more to verify it.  Now that's a super hero to me!

• Haha 3