Brain tumor out

GlocknSpiehl

Well, that was...special...

Surgery ran 7.5 hours which was a little long. Took me three days to shed the anesthesia due to my excess adipose tissue, my polite way of saying blubber, lol. Damn, I would fall asleep n the middle of a sentence. I still have basically no appetite which is a good start for the diet I need to be on.

Good news: no real nausea after the first day, some dizziness if I move my head too fast, and the pain is mostly controllable with Tylenol. No trouble swallowing water or solid food. Just occasional headaches. Walking is good on level ground and...challenging on uneven. I’m not gonna pass a drunk test.

Right now there’s no way I would try to drive; I would take out myself or someone else. The slightest quick movement of my head sets everything spinning worse than any hangover.

Gratuitous gross picture

55873bbedeb02fcfa5a2cd91c9bfaa98.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GlocknSpiehl said:

Well, that was...special...

Surgery ran 7.5 hours which was a little long. Took me three days to shed the anesthesia due to my excess adipose tissue, my polite way of saying blubber, lol. Damn, I would fall asleep n the middle of a sentence. I still have basically no appetite which is a good start for the diet I need to be on.

Good news: no real nausea after the first day, some dizziness if I move my head too fast, and the pain is mostly controllable with Tylenol. No trouble swallowing water or solid food. Just occasional headaches. Walking is good on level ground and...challenging on uneven. I’m not gonna pass a drunk test.

Right now there’s no way I would try to drive; I would take out myself or someone else. The slightest quick movement of my head sets everything spinning worse than any hangover.

Gratuitous gross picture

55873bbedeb02fcfa5a2cd91c9bfaa98.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations on receiving another battle ribbon for a war well fought.  We are glad to have you back among us.  Kudos!

• Like 8

So you gave the surgeon a piece of your mind, huh? Judging from the scar, the surgeon is meticulous. Did they give you the dimensions of the tumor? Size, weight? Just curious. If you meet Arnold you might want to talk tumors with him.

The residual effects you mentioned are a lot less than I expected. You'll be playing the piano in no time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done!

If you start feeling self-conscious, let me know and I will post a picture of what they left after my spine surgery. Luckily, it’s under my shirt and I charge people a nickel to see the photo.

SheWho says rub some A and D ointment on it once the stitches are out and the scar will fade nicely. I disagree. Just think of the wonderful stories you can make up about a scar like that!  

Im glad you’re doing well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Well done!

If you start feeling self-conscious, let me know and I will post a picture of what they left after my spine surgery. Luckily, it’s under my shirt and I charge people a nickel to see the photo.

My brother had a glass eye since 5th grade. He charged a quarter to take it out for kids to have a look. A looooonnng time ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad you are recovering!  If the scar bothers you, put some vitamin E oil on it - after my first back surgery, when they took bone off of my hip to use on my spine, I put Vit E oil on half of that scar every day for a month.  (I couldn't reach the one down my back, so I could only experiment on the hip one).  Anyway, the half with the oil healed faster (flatter and way more faded) than the half without. It also itched less, which may be more important.

• Like 5