Random Cuteness

Maser

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.dfbaf7c92c3202aa52f77dba1bf29094.png

Are these actually reindeer of Santa’s Sled fame? I’ve heard that adult males and females both grow antlers, but only females keep them through the winter. If true, this means the deer pulling the Sled - including Rudolph - are female. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Are these actually reindeer of Santa’s Sled fame? I’ve heard that adult males and females both grow antlers, but only females keep them through the winter. If true, this means the deer pulling the Sled - including Rudolph - are female. 

Rudolph  Identified as male.  So it must be true. 

"...It's also a fact that while most cows (female reindeer) retain their antlers until spring, most bulls (male reindeer) drop their antlers by early December. Which is worrisome, I know, but the key word is "most."  The experts go on to explain that a few younger bulls, depending upon hereditary and environmental factors, may keep their antlers well into spring — even as late as April...",   ...", https://www.liveabout.com/are-all-of-santas-reindeer-female-4016851

To find their way around the world in one night means they must be males...…...….  Map reading, GPS, and all that rot!