UK ambassador to US resigns

Ricordo

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-ambassador-to-us-who-criticized-trump-resigns-british-foreign-office-says

"The British ambassador to the U.S. who criticized President Trump has resigned, the U.K. Foreign Office said Wednesday.

Ambassador Kim Darroch — in documents leaked in recent days — slammed the Trump administration as "diplomatically clumsy and inept," and said he doubted it would become "substantially more normal."

In a resignation letter on Wednesday, Darroch said "the current situation is making it impossible for me to carry out my role as I would like."

What a crackpot...!

Talk about projection. He can't be more diplomatically clumsy and inept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ricordo said:

In a resignation letter on Wednesday, Darroch said "the current situation is making it impossible for me to carry out my role as I would like."

There in lies the problem. You are supposed to do as WE like, not you. Get over yourself. I hear paper routes are opening up everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bish1309 said:

There in lies the problem. You are supposed to do as WE like, not you. Get over yourself. I hear paper routes are opening up everywhere.

Or... he would like to carry his role as "diplomatically clumsy and inept" as he would like.

Thar's a warped mind rite tham thar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

Too many foreigners want to actively change the politics in the USA.  It's none of their business how we run our country. 

Considering that the English can't even figure out how to leave an organization (the EU) when their population wants to, they are poor sources of advice.

When we admire just how well you run your country, we may ask and listen for your advice.  Until then STFU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We voted him into office because he ISN'T politically anything, he's a businessman. We got fed up with people who spend so much time trying to be politically graceful and correct and whatever the opposite of "inept" is in this situation (okay, it's competent, had to look it up), and wanted someone we could actually understand when they were talking, not someone that needs everything translated from what it sounds like they mean to what they actually mean.  

So while I consider what the person said to be a good thing, they should also be "politically graceful and competent" enough not to have such an idiotic blunder show up on world headlines.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The English ambassador insulted the sitting President of our country.  He should have kept his mouth shut since it's our President and not his.  England should have reprimanded him publicly since it became public.

England is no judge of quality.  After all, we went to war with them twice and won both times.  They forget they are "subjects" while we are citizens!

Countries have gone to war for less.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

Ambassadors have their own opinions and have to convey that to their home countries leader.

if the leader of the UK trusts the opinion of that particular appointee, then that’s their business. 

But....

When there’s a leak of the communication between the two that is embarrassing to the host country and the ambassador is no longer acceptable to the host country. 

Diplomatically, he will have to resign and be replaced.

find the leaker, they will do it again

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, blueiron said:

They were confidential. A leaker with access to diplomatic channels leaked the information to the press.

I guess they weren't confidential, then.

The Russians have an expression, "Two people can keep a secret if one is dead."

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

I guess they weren't confidential, then.

The Russians have an expression, "Two people can keep a secret if one is dead."

I think some few notable Democrats operate under the same principle.